Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I really like your shots, ISv, the first one for the short DOF, and the second one, for this little wave ending up on the bird's feet.
Thanks Click! I don't like that much the second photo - from ~7meters for the Rudy Turnstone I had to shoot from ~11 meters for the Plover.
Very hot (especially above the sand) and humid day and these additional meters started eating from the detal.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
The Little Stint is only 12-14cm long and it was ~80m away. As I wrote, the shot was just for the record - upscaled from a couple of hundred pixels to display it. If you want some high resolution ones, here is a Pectoral Sandpiper and a Ringed Plover that I got when I went back a couple of days ago and they came much closer to about 20m. RF + 100-500 @ 1000mm.

View attachment 205736View attachment 205737
I'm jealous for the Ringed Plover! Nice photo of cute bird.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Can somebody tell me what happened to this website? Each time I want to like a post, now I have to confirm this action in a new window. This is pretty annoying.
It’s not happening to me. i have had problems with Firefox with all sites. Have you tried a different browser?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Can somebody tell me what happened to this website? Each time I want to like a post, now I have to confirm this action in a new window. This is pretty annoying.
It’s not happening to me. i have had problems with Firefox with all sites. Have you tried a different browser?
I use Firefox all the time, no issues and no problems in liking. Not as @Cog describes. Strange.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I think I posted (?) a photo of the Brown Booby in fly in the past - not very sure. Thanks for the comment!
Here are some old (February 2020) photos of Brown Booby (PP with DxO - the Prime Noise reduction made a visible difference!). IExif says 133.5 meters but it says the same even if I shoot mile away:). The white bird on the second photo is Red-footed Booby. They do have dark form but that form has brown belly and keeps the character of the face (multi-) colors.
DSC_4265_DxO.jpgDSC_4266_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
It started today and is still on as I'm writing. I didn't install or update anything these days. I emailed the admins about the issue. Hope it will be fixed soon.
I have the same problems on my Mac and Windows machines, but I found out, how to avoid the behavior. Instead of clicking on the word "Like", I just hover it and click on an emoji. Then the confirmation page doesn't show up.
I have another problem with the site for some days. When an alert is shown in the top right corner, it used to overlay the page with a list of all alerts. Now the page is left and a new page with alerts is loaded. The alert overlay behaviour is lost.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Here are some old (February 2020) photos of Brown Booby (PP with DxO - the Prime Noise reduction made a visible difference!). IExif says 133.5 meters but it says the same even if I shoot mile away:). The white bird on the second photo is Red-footed Booby. They do have dark form but that form has brown belly and keeps the character of the face (multi-) colors.
View attachment 205749View attachment 205750
Nice getting them together. The long distance helps getting them all in focus.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

Very nice control of the white. It's not always easy with dark and white birds. Nice shots, ISv.

Upvote 0

Cog

Dec 6, 2013
Qatar
I have the same problems on my Mac and Windows machines, but I found out, how to avoid the behavior. Instead of clicking on the word "Like", I just hover it and click on an emoji. Then the confirmation page doesn't show up.
I have another problem with the site for some days. When an alert is shown in the top right corner, it used to overlay the page with a list of all alerts. Now the page is left and a new page with alerts is loaded. The alert overlay behaviour is lost.
Yes, the hovering technique works! Thanks a lot!

The ads on this website are super aggressive. The space available for text and photos is shrinking and shrinking. Once I open a new page, I have ad windows in every corner and have to close them first to be able to see the text.

Upvote 0