Show your Bird Portraits

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015
I agree with Click - nice series but I have to disagree for the last shot:)!
Not with Click but wit you: The Crested Lark may have sometimes and somehow damaged crest but look at the tail - you will see the outer feathers are white. For me its a Skylark - Alauda arvensis. For all Larks of that region (incl. North Africa and the Middle East) only the Skylark has white outer feathers on the tail.
ISv, thanks for correcting my misidentification. I'll edit the original entry right now. And my mistake was even easier to spot on other photos that I just disregarded as the photos were not sharp enough around bird's eye. But, there is a hawk eye on this forum ;)
Best regards!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
ISv, thanks for correcting my misidentification. I'll edit the original entry right now. And my mistake was even easier to spot on other photos that I just disregarded as the photos were not sharp enough around bird's eye. But, there is a hawk eye on this forum ;)
Best regards!
Always! BTW the "hawk" that you are talking about wear glasses :LOL:! So far only for reading but...

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Temps hit 60 degrees F yesterday in the midwest USA--following images within thirty yards of my front door:

Northern Mockingbird
5D3_5278 - Copy.JPG

House Finches
5D3_5353 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg

Northern Cardinal
5D3_5405 - Copy.JPG

Carolina Wren
5D3_5494 - Copy.JPG

Dark-Eyed Junco
5D3_5520 - Copy.JPG
=====

Kind of amazing (to me, at least...) how changes in weather bring the birds...new and different birds.

In the middle of summer, pretty much nothing but American Robins and Northern Cardinals nearby.

But an abnormally warm day in the second week of January offers nice chances to seeing a variety of birds.

But NO robins?!

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0