Show your Bird Portraits

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015
That elusive Brown Creeper (Eastern, Certhia americana) was finally in full sun and on the right side of the trunk. Just for fun, during PP, measured RGB values of its feathers against the tree bark and the results beat my screen colour calibration gizmo. Therefore, bugs hiding in STOP signs are safe - science proves it!BRCR_7673.JPGBRCR_7676.JPG

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Sacred Kingfisher

That's a beautiful shot.
a025.gif
Well done, shire guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
That elusive Brown Creeper (Eastern, Certhia americana) was finally in full sun and on the right side of the trunk. Just for fun, during PP, measured RGB values of its feathers against the tree bark and the results beat my screen colour calibration gizmo. Therefore, bugs hiding in STOP signs are safe - science proves it!View attachment 208065View attachment 208066
...a year or two ago, I posted a couple of Brown Creeper images on CR...and since then I've seen the Brown Creeper on more than one occasion.

My Brown Creeper sightings always occur on cloudy, dreary, rainy days...and indeed, the Creepers here seems to like the other side of the tree.

Great shots...as good as any I've seen when learning about Brown Creepers.

Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
That elusive Brown Creeper (Eastern, Certhia americana) was finally in full sun and on the right side of the trunk. Just for fun, during PP, measured RGB values of its feathers against the tree bark and the results beat my screen colour calibration gizmo. Therefore, bugs hiding in STOP signs are safe - science proves it!View attachment 208065View attachment 208066
Haha, I just spotted one of these in my backyard for the first time. They are quite elusive! Great captures!

Upvote 0

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015
...a year or two ago, I posted a couple of Brown Creeper images on CR...and since then I've seen the Brown Creeper on more than one occasion.

My Brown Creeper sightings always occur on cloudy, dreary, rainy days...and indeed, the Creepers here seems to like the other side of the tree.

Great shots...as good as any I've seen when learning about Brown Creepers.
Thanks josephandrews222!

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
A birdhouse was placed in our front-yard tree two days ago. Today, a pair of House Sparrows are taking its measure ...
Great detail of the feathers.
As I have not time lately and already April weather maybe I should take the sparrows in the neighbor's hedge into account.
Quickly out and back in ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
...our House Sparrows are doing what they do...moving in;)

1. First the male dealing with an intruder:

5D3_6744 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg

=====

2. ...back to work

5D3_6756 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg

=====

3. Jeepers time flies. About fifteen or so years ago, a biology colleague (smart guy) moved on to a different job. He was a good neighbor. The day prior to their departure, we 'donated' a soft-cover case to his moving effort; he placed it on top of his SUV empty and then he and his wife filled it with all manner and form of his kids' toys and gizmos.

Good idea, right? Trouble was...the process of filling the case took place while their vehicle was inside of their garage.

On the morning of their departure they discovered that the SUV + case-on-top was too tall for the opening of their garage door. Oops.

The female had the same problem with the twig she gathered for the nest...

5D3_6898 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg5D3_6973 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg

=====

4. Alls well that ends well as the pair of sparrows worked together on-and-off for much of the morning...

5D3_7015 ps3 fix - Copy.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0