Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
I bought this lens yesterday but didn't make it out today as planned due to a sick dog, I wanted to start this thread off as I've not noticed one already, and to get some pics, comments and opinions from other owners.
I tried the Canon 10-22, the Sigma 8-16 and the Tokina 11-16 in the shop and when I zoomed right in there was no tell tale IQ differences between this and the Canon, this was $320 cheaper so it is now part of my kit.

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
My poor wee dogs ill so I never got the chance to venture out today with the new Sigma, but I picked the wife up and took this shot while I waited on her, there is a 77mm Circular Polariser on the lens, this is straight out the camera with zero mod’s (resized to 92% of original), ISO 200 f8 320sec handheld, I’m delighted with the lack of vignetting in the corners!! The IQ is also quite good, have a look at the ultra-cropped version; I think this is very acceptable clarity for that distance! All in all i'm a happy shopper :D
I’d be glad to hear anyone else’s views.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0615 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0615 - Copy.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0
TheJock said:
My poor wee dogs ill so I never got the chance to venture out today with the new Sigma, but I picked the wife up and took this shot while I waited on her, there is a 77mm Circular Polariser on the lens, this is straight out the camera with zero mod’s (resized to 92% of original), ISO 200 f8 320sec handheld, I’m delighted with the lack of vignetting in the corners!! The IQ is also quite good, have a look at the ultra-cropped version; I think this is very acceptable clarity for that distance! All in all i'm a happy shopper :D
I’d be glad to hear anyone else’s views.

Nice image! You can see the NBD and Etisalat's main building. :D

Upvote 0