Specifications and an Image of the PowerShot SX740 HS

Kit.

EOS 5D Mark IV
Apr 25, 2011
1,996
1,350
okaro said:
G9 X II is about same size as S100 so unless the case is really model specific it could fit.
The case is really model specific (you need to be able to control all those buttons and wheels with 30m of water pressing on the case).

Besides, G9X has a narrower angle of view. S100 and G7X have ~35mm equivalent underwater (without using a dome port), G9X has ~42mm.
 

transpo1

EOS RP
Jan 12, 2011
755
103
csibra said:
Some addition to crop whine: if the manufacturer using crop, they don't need to resample the full resolution to UHD. This makes video processing faster and easier.
Yes, we’re aware of that- which is why they need to improve their processing and heat dissipation (and provide better value in their market segmentations).
 

okaro

EOS 90D
Oct 10, 2015
132
9
If they cannot do full width 4K they should return to 12 megapixel sensors. The effect on still quality would be minimal but one could get 96% of the width in 4K.
 

fullstop

EOS R
Apr 23, 2018
1,088
153
okaro said:
If they cannot do full width 4K they should return to 12 megapixel sensors. The effect on still quality would be minimal but one could get 96% of the width in 4K.
quite the other way round: people wanting 4k video shall go and buy video cameras and leave our stills cameras in peace.
 

transpo1

EOS RP
Jan 12, 2011
755
103
fullstop said:
okaro said:
If they cannot do full width 4K they should return to 12 megapixel sensors. The effect on still quality would be minimal but one could get 96% of the width in 4K.
quite the other way round: people wanting 4k video shall go and buy video cameras and leave our stills cameras in peace.
That’s the way Canon would like it to be but that’s not the way the market’s moving. Video will become an ever more important part of stills cameras. Which is why Canon was forced to begin including 4K in its cameras.
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,664
890
stevelee said:
tron said:
Khufu said:
Kit. said:
transpo1 said:
Finally! A leaked image of the new Canon mirrorless camera! It's the one we've all been waiting for. ;D
Not all. I'm waiting for G7X III.
I'm waiting for the G7X IV.
I enjoy G7X II.
I also enjoy the G7X II. I've not been far from home the last few months, so I haven't used it since March. I've been enjoying my two new L lenses recently instead.

I will very likely buy the III or the IV at some time, but no rush. If the III makes improvements that will probably be meaningful to me, I'll probably buy it before some big trip next year. Otherwise the IV, or whatever the equivalent is by then will be on my radar if not necessarily my wish list. Whichever it is will almost for sure be my next camera purchase.
I really doubt that the III will have better IQ. If I were to guess I would say GPS and 4K only. And although I would love to have GPS, in practice it would be a burden to the camera's small battery.
 

Kit.

EOS 5D Mark IV
Apr 25, 2011
1,996
1,350
tron said:
stevelee said:
I also enjoy the G7X II. I've not been far from home the last few months, so I haven't used it since March. I've been enjoying my two new L lenses recently instead.

I will very likely buy the III or the IV at some time, but no rush. If the III makes improvements that will probably be meaningful to me, I'll probably buy it before some big trip next year. Otherwise the IV, or whatever the equivalent is by then will be on my radar if not necessarily my wish list. Whichever it is will almost for sure be my next camera purchase.
I really doubt that the III will have better IQ. If I were to guess I would say GPS and 4K only. And although I would love to have GPS, in practice it would be a burden to the camera's small battery.
It can have even worse IQ, but greatly improved autofocus... just not in 4K mode.
 

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
1,694
561
Davidson, NC
tron said:
I really doubt that the III will have better IQ. If I were to guess I would say GPS and 4K only. And although I would love to have GPS, in practice it would be a burden to the camera's small battery.
That sounds likely. If I want GPS stamping, I pair it with the iPhone. That does eat up battery on both devices, so I don't do that on long days of sightseeing. I will snap a photo on the iPhone at the same locale if I feel I will want the location info, and the time stamps coordinate where I was when. One of the iPhone pictures in Hawaii turned out so well that I printed it out and had it framed along with some of the G7X II shots. They hang in my front room.