Spiders

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Nice shots!
a025.gif
I especially like the 5th one.
That fifth one is pretty great! maybe it can win a contest?
Thanks guys I will tell your comments to my daughter - as every woman she likes compliments :).
More to come: in the days when she was not going with her camera I was kind of disappointed. Now I'm feeling lucky by the same reason: she has been very productive :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I just don't find it easy to approve of this type of spider's messy lifestyle.
Point is, their method of catching prey works and therefore evolution gave it a (y)
And I like it when combined with morning mist/dew plus sun :)

But if you need more order, I can offer you this (without dew :( )

20230902_0190.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Point is, their method of catching prey works and therefore evolution gave it a (y)
And I like it when combined with morning mist/dew plus sun :)

But if you need more order, I can offer you this (without dew :( )

View attachment 212088
Oh yeah! It was more of a joke relating to the turkey vulture jokes. I do prefer the orderly webs, but there is no denying something interesting with the sheet webs. Some kinds of (I think) caterpillar create some like that too?

It's amazing how evolution created different solutions to the same basic problems.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Oh yeah! It was more of a joke relating to the turkey vulture jokes. I do prefer the orderly webs, but there is no denying something interesting with the sheet webs. Some kinds of (I think) caterpillar create some like that too?

It's amazing how evolution created different solutions to the same basic problems.
The same basic problem is the food.
Different species of spiders prefer different kind of food (and different habitats!) and they use to build their nets accordingly! Some nets look better (from photogs point of view!). Others are kind of messy (well, I don't think the spiders are considering the photogs as a matter of survivals :)) but every one has to admit they are efficient for that particular species. Especially because the spiders have been around much longer than humans!

Upvote 0