View attachment 209997
What gear/settings?

Upvote 0

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
View attachment 211509

I wanted to get both the spider and geese in focus, so I tried F32 and diffraction definitely made everything softer than I'd like. I don't really want to do focus bracketing, but maybe I should?
that would be a tough shot to pull off without bracketing, or a composite image in post... assuming the web is very close to you at all. An option might be a wide angle macro lens, which would have greater depth of field at more normal aperture settings.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
that would be a tough shot to pull off without bracketing, or a composite image in post... assuming the web is very close to you at all. An option might be a wide angle macro lens, which would have greater depth of field at more normal aperture settings.
The spider was about one and a half meters away and I didn't want to get closer because I would be disturbing thickly growing plants. I think the ducks were about one hundred meters. I used the ef 100mm macro along with the ef 14mm ii on that day. I think at 14mm the ducks would have been too small, but 35mm might have been about right?

Upvote 0