TEAC announces the development of TASCAM XLR audio adapter for Canon mirrorless cameras and others

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
R5c is supposed to be bigger than the R5.
A lot of folks would complain but I would not mind micro XLR.
We already have the c70. The point of a R5C would just be an R5 with active cooling and probably a few software tweaks for video. if they do anymore it might as well be a c90 or something different. I do want a small camera for video. The c70 is nice but still a bit annoying on the gimbal and the AF could use a lot of work.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
We already have the c70. The point of a R5C would just be an R5 with active cooling and probably a few software tweaks for video. if they do anymore it might as well be a c90 or something different. I do want a small camera for video. The c70 is nice but still a bit annoying on the gimbal and the AF could use a lot of work.
The main selling point to me would be a cinema camera with IBIS.
With all of the cooling mods now available for the R5, it would probably also need internal ND to sway me.
On the other hand, there are many people who want an 8K handheld video camera with unlimited recording.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
The main selling point to me would be a cinema camera with IBIS.
With all of the cooling mods now available for the R5, it would probably also need internal ND to sway me.
On the other hand, there are many people who want an 8K handheld video camera with unlimited recording.
Cooling mods arent the same as having real cooling. I dont even know how well the mods work and that external one does have compromises, like you cant even close the screen and cant put a grip on the camera.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
I checked earlier this year and it was still there.
Most people who I have heard say that it ended have never checked.
For the reference:
EU import duties for the HS 8525 80 30 (digital cameras in general) are 0%.
EU import duties for the HS 8525 80 91 (camcorders) used to be 0.8% before July, 1st, 2021; 0% since then.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
For the reference:
EU import duties for the HS 8525 80 30 (digital cameras in general) are 0%.
EU import duties for the HS 8525 80 91 (camcorders) used to be 0.8% before July, 1st, 2021; 0% since then.
Thanks!
It is good to know that it ended July 1st but was it 0.8% or 8%?
0.8% would not be very much money.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
The last time I checked there was still an E.U. tax but it was only 5%.
I don't think Canon can get away with changing the record limit in existing models.
However, they should get rid of it for any video-focused models.
Panasonic and Sony have.
Hell, just drop it for ALL new models.
Let the folks in EU argue over there that it is a stupid tax, and get it repealed.

Everyone else in the world shouldn't have to suffer because of their stupid taxation laws....?

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Hell, just drop it for ALL new models.
Let the folks in EU argue over there that it is a stupid tax, and get it repealed.

Everyone else in the world shouldn't have to suffer because of their stupid taxation laws....?
Kit verified upthread that the tariff expired July 1st.
There is not much reason for a 30-minute time limit going forward.
Hopefully, the R3 won't have one.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Kit verified upthread that the tariff expired July 1st.
There is not much reason for a 30-minute time limit going forward.
Hopefully, the R3 won't have one.
it would be one less reason to get their cinema line or camcorders so it might hurt their pockets potentially and that matters the most to a business.

Upvote 0
Nice addition.
I wonder if Zoom and Rode will also be able to produce on-cam microphone.
It's time for a good low-profile stereo microphone.
Nothing came out since years.
Having no wire and no batteries to think about, will be a huge plus.
YES! I have built one from PRIMO microphone capsules which works with the lousy ~2V power supply from the 3.5mm jack and gives a good sound not to far away from the Videomic NTG (but less focused, slightly more noise).
I tried to contact Rode to propose a M/S Stereo mic in the same form factor like the Videomic NTG but they absolutely were NOT interested ... maybe times will change :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
Upvote 0
Interesting, but I have 2 questions:

a-.do you know if this accessory provides the 24V Phantom power supply for the microphones requiring this ?

b-.are you aware of a similar accessory for the EOS 5D Mark III ? ok it is an "old" model, but I love it, and I miss this kind of accessory ! this is the reason for which I continue to use a professional camcorder....

Thank you

Upvote 0