The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
how this can be file size compromise as compressed 45Mpix raw is 20MB which is like nothing.
The compressed RAW is decompressed back to full size RAW when you process it on your computer. And more data has to be collected by the sensor electronics before it's compressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Same EVF as the A7s3 maybe? 9-10MP....would be really nice for landscape I think. Maybe also higher res. for the back display?

But lets hope they will bring finally back the M & S Raw option to the R system...

90MP sounds realistic for me! There were already rumors about this in the last year.

I don't think it'll get a EVF update. I am expecting if they do push this out that it'll just have a the higher MP sensor. This push to have the higher MP model being up market is a bit weird.

(I am also quite against the R6 having a lower build, It should have just been the 'cheeper' sensor.)

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
This is definitely not the camera for me. ...
Yet, I don't need a high resolution body, but the siren song of greater resolution keeps calling...
Not mine either. But good so the MP freaks could get their puppy, too.

Hopefully everything could get cheaper. Otherwise it's not my party.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
90mp sounds great, but will there ever be something for hybrid shooters? )= the window for switching to RF is closing for me and I know many others have already gone the a7S III route ... I doubt C70 will have photo capabilities / full frame and Canon is silent on the R5 issues ... gonna wait till October and pull the trigger on whatever works best for me ... really wish there was a capable RF hybrid camera, but otherwise a7S III and upcoming full frame FX6 might also do the job.

Upvote 0
90mp sounds great, but will there ever be something for hybrid shooters? )= the window for switching to RF is closing for me and I know many others have already gone the a7S III route ... I doubt C70 will have photo capabilities / full frame and Canon is silent on the R5 issues ... gonna wait till October and pull the trigger on whatever works best for me ... really wish there was a capable RF hybrid camera, but otherwise a7S III and upcoming full frame FX6 might also do the job.
Really??? with its monster 12 MP sensor.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
I don’t think we are getting this camera any time soon so wouldn’t hold off R5 purchases thinking this is just around the corner IMO.

The high resolution Rs has been rumoured for so many years now and originally speculated for a before the end of 2019 announcement. Same stories of in testers hands just like the this new rumour.. The Rs rumours (80 Mpix +) went dark this time last year only for hints of what Canon just announced (R5) surfacing instead.

I don’t think we will see a high resolution Rs for at least another 12 months, probably more.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
Severe GAS. This is definitely not the camera for me. I would be far better served with a second R5. Yet, I find this rumored camera intriguing. I have the Sony a7r3 and a7r4 (I tried to sell the r4, but it came back!) and was quite disappointed by how little difference the rIV's additional resolution makes. Doubling the R5's resolution should matter. Yet, I don't need a high resolution body, but the siren song of greater resolution keeps calling...

I mean, 45 MP is friggin' "high res" as-is! It's as good as the current 5DSR. I'm with you in that I'd love to shoot this camera and use for certain applications, but realistically the R5 is everything I would ever, aside from things that would be better suited by a different body/format. 90 MP would probably be a studio/tripod-only body for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0