The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 won’t ship for a while

Dec 25, 2017
Some of these specs are a bit of a big deal, though, especially for the stills camp.

- A
Hm, what kind of features do you mean?
I personaly have not much doubt in both, video and photo features.

40mp sensor (given buy the fact it has 8k on full sensor width), 20fps is confirmed als well as silent shutter, ibis which is compatible with IS lenses, continuos dpaf with object and animal tracking, dual card slot, 5D compatible battery which promises good battery life, wifi, full compatibility with EF lenses.

I guess it will also have certainly: support for all flashes, 4k60 hdmi out, an intervallometer, but less likely a pixelshift feature.

The only important specs that are not out yet are the resolution, speed and size of the EVF (which is indeed important), Flash sync speed (maybe unlimited short, if electronic shutter is in use?) and buffer size. Or do I miss something? Is there so much still open, when it comes to photography features?

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Wow, can I really get a 70200mm lens, that must be great for birds in flight, but why only available in RF mount? Can you hand hold it or is it vehicle mounted? Do I have to buy a Canon truck for this lens now? So many questions!

Cheers, Graham.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In the meantime I’m still paying instalments for RF1535 & RF 70200 until Dec this year, I can only afford to buy R5 after then:cry::cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Everyone who really wants the R5 will get one when they want it. There are only a handfull of us here who want to jump at the release, but the reality is, many photographers/videographers are hurting because of this pandemic. Some might be out of work for several months or more. Even when everything is clear, who's gonna want to go to a huge social gathering (weddings, concerts, etc)?

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I started looking for good Card Readers, and saw many that have yet to be released by the reliable manufacturers. Lots of complaints about heating. It looks like a minefield right now. I've highlighted a few to look at more closely, but for now, it seems that Sony has the best cards and readers, but Prograde has a interesting one as well. Another $40 or more for a adapter for my computer. It looks like $300 or a bit more for a 128GB card and reader/adapter. Then, we should expect a new battery, those will be another pile of cash.

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
Wow, can I really get a 70200mm lens, that must be great for birds in flight, but why only available in RF mount? Can you hand hold it or is it vehicle mounted? Do I have to buy a Canon truck for this lens now? So many questions!

Cheers, Graham.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'd settle for the 1535. ;)

Upvote 0