The Canon EOS R5c is coming in the first quarter of 2022 [CR2]

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I hope they add XF-AVC codec. I hate editing with H265 on the R5 now. That, active cooling and Timecode are the 3 things I find lacking on the R5 now for video. I'd also like to see more frame rate options for slowmo like they have on the C70.
Prores would be nice too...

And while I"m at it...I think I'd like a pony too.
;)

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Sony's FX3 is $3,900, so hopefully the R5c also comes in under the $4k mark.
Not a chance of that happening.

R5C is by definition an "improved", better specified and better performing version of the R5, so it will be more expensive.

R5 body only was launched at $3,899, so I reckon you can probably add another $500 to that.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
What about the photo features will it have the same photography features as the R5, or will it cripple photo features?
I very much doubt if any of the stills features of the R5 will be "crippled" in the R5C.

In fact I'd expect Canon to *add* more stills features to keep the camera up to date with competitors.

But if you want a stills camera, why not just get the R5, which will be better weather-sealed as it doesn't have a cooling fan?

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
There is no reason an R5c could not have the same weather-sealing as the R5.
Quite agree, as posted above. The cooling fan can be completely isolated from the rest of the camera, in just the same way that flippy screens are isolated from the main body shell. Moisture could affect the cooling fan, but I don't think there is any likelihood of ingress to the main body. Anyone with half a brain would in any case carry a clear plastic bag in their pocket to cover the camera if there was any likelihood of rain or splashing...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Good luck with the pony. I'd settle for a vaccination that gave 100% protection from Covid.
I hear you, but I don't foresee that coming.
Not to be political, but I think they need to rename this something other than vaccination...as that it really never imparts long term immunity. We're used to being "immunized" in childhood diseases like smallpox, diphtheria, measles, polio....and while not perfect (nothing is), for all purposes you get those shots and you're pretty much immune for life.

I think perhaps this is where some confusion is coming into it.

But anyway...this is a photo site, I'll drop it....I get bombarded by plenty of covid news and I like to come here to get away from it.

:D

Upvote 0
I very much doubt if any of the stills features of the R5 will be "crippled" in the R5C.

In fact I'd expect Canon to *add* more stills features to keep the camera up to date with competitors.

But if you want a stills camera, why not just get the R5, which will be better weather-sealed as it doesn't have a cooling fan?
Ahhh... Like every one else, I want an A7iv in a Canon body. I shoot hybrid and I'd love to make use of the 4kHQ also 60fps with out worrying about battery life and overheating. (don't care for 8K)
Actually the only reason I'm still holding out on Canon is because the Sonys don't have a top LCD Screen, which I use all the time and the RF glass is amazing but as they say, can't have your cake and eat it... whatever that means, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Upvote 0
Quite agree, as posted above. The cooling fan can be completely isolated from the rest of the camera, in just the same way that flippy screens are isolated from the main body shell. Moisture could affect the cooling fan, but I don't think there is any likelihood of ingress to the main body. Anyone with half a brain would in any case carry a clear plastic bag in their pocket to cover the camera if there was any likelihood of rain or splashing...
I'm thinking more of the the R3 weather sealing

Upvote 0