The Canon EOS R6 will begin shipping this week

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We’ve been talking ad nauseam about the Canon EOS R5, that I almost forgot (not really!) about the Canon EOS R6, which is likely to sell more units than the EOS R5.
Numerous retailers have told us that they expect their first allotment of the Canon EOS R6 today or tomorrow and that the first cameras will ship out on August 27.
There is no word yet on the number of units available or where you may be on the preorder list.

Canon EOS R6 Body $2499
Canon EOS R6 w/24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM $2799
Canon EOS R6 w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $3599

Continue reading...

cornieleous

5D4 + R5
Jul 13, 2020
Doooomed. :p

Happy for those waiting, when someone gets one and if anyone also has an R5 or 5D4, I would love to see some low light comparisons to see if it really nudges out the R5 or 5D4 for astro. So far the R5 seems like one of the best astro cameras on the market with slightly better performance than 5D4. The R6 has enough resolution to work with, but larger pixels and could have slightly better high ISO performance at least in theory. It might be the perfect camera for timelapse.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
R5 and R6's are appearing at grey importers as of today. I ordered my R6 this morning from a UK distro.

(I usually go grey import but the prices aren't that much lower right now and I can't claim the free EF-RF adaptor with import bodies and I get the CPS turnaround times too).

I 'should' get my R6 on Thursday. The R5's are on back order, so around July.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Oh and GBP £3,559.00 for the R5

Strip the currency symbols off the prices and not that much different from ours in the US. Which is why I think camera prices should just be quoted without currency signs. It doesn't seem to matter what currency you're using, you're going to end up paying mid 2000s for an R6 and upper 3000s for and R5.

Except I believe they are considerably more expensive in numeric terms in Europe. (And Oz is just...horrific.)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cornieleous

5D4 + R5
Jul 13, 2020
Got a call from my local shop that the R6 I had initially ordered with my R5 is on its way. I had changed it to two R5s but now am going back and forth. Probably don't need two 45mp cameras and the R6 looks like it's about 1 stop better on noise. Should be here in the next few days and I'll check it out and decide then.
Would love to hear about it or see sample comparisons if you really find a stop better on noise at high ISO. Enjoy the cameras!

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Strip the currency symbols off the prices and not that much different from ours in the US. Which is why I think camera prices should just be quoted without currency signs. It doesn't seem to matter what currency you're using, you're going to end up paying mid 2000s for an R6 and upper 3000s for and R5.

Except I believe they are considerably more expensive in numeric terms in Europe. (And Oz is just...horrific.)
Ah ok for some reason i was expecting a lot closer to 4k!

Upvote 0
Oh and GBP £3,559.00 for the R5

Thats interesting. The grey importer I bought my 80d backup from in the past is listing the r5 as 3999 euros and in stock.

I'd no issues with the 80d and it arrived promptly but I've been wary with a high ticket item. Would canon support it and could I register it for CPS points?? Anyone know?
A downside is you only get a 12 month warranty with them as opposed to a 2 year warranty in an EU store. I didnt mind with the cheaper camera but for 4 grand...

Upvote 0
Got a call from my local shop that the R6 I had initially ordered with my R5 is on its way. I had changed it to two R5s but now am going back and forth. Probably don't need two 45mp cameras and the R6 looks like it's about 1 stop better on noise. Should be here in the next few days and I'll check it out and decide then.

If you shring the 45mp down to 20mp, the ISO looks almost the same. So it's not really 1 stop more iso.
It's like saying tahat a 1MP camera has two more ISO stops. But if you take R5 and shoot at 200.000ISO and shrink the image to 640x480px it looks like 51.000ISO :)

Upvote 0