Stig Nygaard

EOS R7, Powershot G5 X II & Olympus TG-5
CR Pro
Jul 10, 2013
Copenhagen
www.flickr.com
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
a reasonable price rather than the approximate $6k we're seeing locally for the R5.
OK, so your current EF system has pretty much everything that the R5 has that you need. You don't see the R5 that much better than what you have for your needs. You mainly just see the R5 more costly. Is that correct? Which system exactly do you have?

I don't think it is, but some other people may think this is funny.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Seems to be reasonably positive; yes they do criticize some things, but, I think, justly. I don't know if this is typical of their reviews but I think it's a good review.
I agree it was pretty good. A lot was sort of preference based, but that's OK. Title is sort of sensationalist too. The issue with these guys around here is that they seem to have a history of anti-canon attitudes that was allegedly pretty thinly veiled in past work. The more recent stuff seems to be better in that respect, but I don't have the full history.

-Brian

Upvote 0
Mapcamera, which is a large camera and used retailer in Japan notified me last night that their shipments will be delayed, with no real clarification on when they can shipout. I have had a reservation since July 21st. I can wait, but I have no other choice. I sold off my 6D and 7Dm2 to help pay for the R6, so I am cameraless for the first time in over 20 years. Let's hope it comes soon.

Upvote 0
Ordered a r6 body only, ef rf adapter, and LP-E6NH from amazon directly on 08/27 and on 08/29 got a notice that says track package (although no tracking is currently available). Looks like it will get delivered on 08/31 the official release date.

On 08/27 BH and Adorama only had R6 kits available. When I called they said it might take 4 weeks before the next order arrives.

Upvote 0