The "new" Big Stopper, Serk Holder and polarizers for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Fisrt I wanted to say how happy I was today when receiving my (second) Lee Big Stopper today. It now comes with a custom, thin metallic box to store it and carry it, all padded inside. Finally some real protection! Kudos to LEE

Fyi this is my 2nd Big Stopper, the first one I bough a couple of months ago, well in advance of a trip i'm planning and the darn thing broke in my bag before I could used the first time!!! (and I was actually careful cause had read how these filters break even by looking at them)

Anyway, my question is that I have the "clonic" SERK LEE Holder (see link below) and would like to know if someone has any creative ideas on how to use a B+W 82mm Slim polarizer with it, along at least one additional ND/GND filter on the holder? It would be for use with a Zeiss 21 which has a 82mm thread and being a slim type I cannot thread anything to it, preventing fitting the holder on top of the polarizer.

For the courious ones here's the holder I bought which I see has now dramatically increased its price. I haven't used the original LEE but this one looks and feels actually pretty nice anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SERK-Filter-Holder-Lee-4X4-4X5-65-52-55-58-67-72-77-82-7pcs-adapter-ring-/160984321960?pt=US_Filter_Rings_Holders&hash=item257b69cfa8

Jul 21, 2010
Got my Big Stopper with the metal case a couple weeks ago, I had no idea they came packaged differently before...guess I lucked out.

Don't know of a way to use a 82mm Slim CPL (I also have the slim Käsemann) with the Lee setup. The normal ways to add a CPL are either a 4" CPL in a second Foundation Kit (or clone) with the Tandem Adapter, or using the Front Thread Adapter with a 105mm CPL (the former is slightly cheaper when comparing to the B+W 105mm CPL).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.