The RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z won’t be the last RF PowerZoom lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon announced the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z last week with a lot of fanfare. With that lens came two PowerZoom accessories, the PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B. The latter utilizes the 20pin port with allows it to work with compatible Canon cinema and broadcast accessories. Over the weekend we were told that the RF 24-105mm

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Somehow this sounds like Canon is trying to get more videogs into the R system instead of the competition as the dedicated cine line-up seems to be too expensive.
Could this a plan that those two should merge closer together? :unsure:
OTOH, it still seems quite expensive... :unsure:
For me the portability is more important, size and weight. But it seems that Canon has already addressed that segment well enough in their opinion with the existing line-up of RF lenses.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
I wish the zoom motor to be internal, it would be fantastic to control it with the gimbal dial.
Hope will have some way to control it on the gimbal as a one-man crew.
All of the existing controllers should work with the 20-pin adapter.
I have no idea what they are planning with the USB-C connector.

Upvote 0

bf

Jul 30, 2014
Glass half full for the photographers and casual videographers aka content creators is they can avoid paying for the 1K gadget till it's cheaper or needed.
Looking at both C of R5C & Z attributes, my impression is Canon is trying to repurpose their photo gear to a more seriouse video gear but not quite there for a co-existing workhorses. In a bigger picture, they are planing for tiktok vs. Instagram kind of scenario.

I still think there are too many letters on such products; could be an indication of several sub group hierarchy they have in their company.

Upvote 0