The West Coast of Anywhere

Pookie said:
CapturingLight said:
Pookie said:
CapturingLight said:
Lovely shots. The one on the beach with the people draws me in. I think part of it is that this type of shot is not in my repertoire but looking at this one I think it should be.

I will share a few of my favourites from a trip to Vancouver Island a few years ago. BC is a very photogenic place. The sepia shot I originally processed in Aperture, this is my attempt at redoing it in Lightroom. I am not sure I got the sepia quite to my liking, like the original. This was my 1st time playing around with sepia in Lightroom I need some practice.

Thanks but it looks like it is in your repertoire... I love images like yours above as it hits so many notes it's hard not to smile. Even better if that is your family !!! Man, you guys are makin me homesick looking at BC. I love that area and especially Vancouver's Stanley park, such a killer city.

MrFotoFool said:
Only lines up twice a year? That makes the photo even more amazing.

Thanks... just checked out your site. Diggin your work !!!
The family is mine. ;D The reason that I say that it is not in my repertoire is because it has that candid street feel to it. Obviously not really street in this case, I don't seem to do much of the candid people photos. The photo above leaves some mystery to it in that why are two people so into their phones when clearly they should be taking photos ;) or takin in the nature. The lighting and color of course is wonderful as well.

Perfect family picture :)

;) That was my exact feeling at the time. We had been finding all kinds of crazy sea life in the pools... it was so freaking cool and then I looked over and this woman was so into texting she couldn't even bother to look up. For me, even if I'm out for landscapes, I always end up taking photos of people. Even fellow photographers out for landscape excursion with me.

I took this with one of my 5D3's on a tripod and the other one had a fisheye on a sling... looked across at my buddy and he was perfectly framed.

Very, very nice pictures. I especially like the second one. Good work.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
DominoDude said:
1) The southern piece of my west coast - Falsterbo. Looking out to the west towards a distant (unseen) Copenhagen, Denmark. At the horizon parts of the Øresundsbron, that connects Sweden with Denmark, can be seen faintly.

2) A summer sunset from Båstad. Slightly further to the north, but still on the west coast.

Very nice pictures, DominoDude. I especially like the second one.

Upvote 0
DominoDude said:
1) The southern piece of my west coast - Falsterbo. Looking out to the west towards a distant (unseen) Copenhagen, Denmark. At the horizon parts of the Øresundsbron, that connects Sweden with Denmark, can be seen faintly.

2) A summer sunset from Båstad. Slightly further to the north, but still on the west coast.

Nice pictures, DD. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0