Three New Tilt-Shift Lenses on the Way [CR2]

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I've owned Canon 50mm EF lenses from 4 countries, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, and The Philippines. So I did a check to see where Canon currently makes lenses. We know that the "L" lenses are made in Japan, and many EF-s lenses are made in Taiwan. It turns out that Malaysia is making EF lenses, along with lens components.

http://www.canon-asia.com/personal/web/company/about?languageCode=EN

I do not see "M" lenses listed, and I do not have any, so I do not know where they are currently made.

I suppose its feasible that a EF Tilt-S____ ;) lens could be made in Malaysia, a non L would be a first.

The Japanese site codes listed on the lens mounts for lenses are out there on the internet, but I've not seen a convenient lens-by-lens country/countries of manufacture list. If anyone knows of one, I'd love to see it.

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Khalai said:
Maximilian said:
neuroanatomist said:
... new tilt-S___ lenses, but ...
Looks like Craig was beaten by CRs own censorship system ;)

T.I.T. - S.H.I.T. lenses? :p

Some of us have been here long enough that the filter doesn't apply:

Nokish ita

CanonW atch

Tilt-s hift

Just sayin. 8)

- A

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Busted Knuckles said:
I have the 90 and have a blast with it when I pull it. I will put the extension tubes on it and align the dof and get some interesting shots.

Would love something with a little better engineered controls, etc.

I had a 90 and used 1.4 TC on it for Macro work. It was fun

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Antono Refa said:
Canon makes two EF-S and an EF-M macro lenses, maybe there's a crop TS-E lens as well, say 12mm?

I'd buy it. Even if I buy a 6D2, I'll still use my Rebel for some things. An affordable TS lens would be about the only reason I'd have for buying another EF-S lens.

If that doesn't happen, I think I'll plan out a staycation and rent a TS lens for a week, possibly a 24mm, to use with the 6D II.

Upvote 0

Khalai

In the absence of light, darknoise prevails...
May 13, 2014
Prague
stevelee said:
Antono Refa said:
Canon makes two EF-S and an EF-M macro lenses, maybe there's a crop TS-E lens as well, say 12mm?

I'd buy it. Even if I buy a 6D2, I'll still use my Rebel for some things. An affordable TS lens would be about the only reason I'd have for buying another EF-S lens.

If that doesn't happen, I think I'll plan out a staycation and rent a TS lens for a week, possibly a 24mm, to use with the 6D II.

You can use third party brands TS offering, if you seek for a more affordable TS lens. Samyang for example...

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Khalai said:
stevelee said:
Antono Refa said:

You can use third party brands TS offering, if you seek for a more affordable TS lens. Samyang for example...

My understanding is people want a crop tilt shift for the same reason they want a crop macro - so they could save on both the lens and the camera.

Upvote 0