*UPDATE 2* Canon EOS 60D Specs [CR2.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin

Re: Canon EOS 60D Specs [CR2.5]

Burn. All I can say is don't judge a camera till you see the IQ. If it matches the 7D and comes in at less then you get what you want right? You waited for 2 years for a reason. And if at the end of the day you decide the 7D suits you better, then you will still be happy with it.

My thing is that Nikon lenses are starting to really impress me. D700 successor and the 28-300 and 85 1.4 and 14-24 would make a killer kit.

hoktar said:
WOW what a shit :-X

They screwed up big big time. I mean what the hell they seriously brought a bad 7D!
What the hell is this?! Who needs this shit! So that's what I was waitng for 2 years now. Now I still have to buy the 7D again. OMG I am so mad at Canon.
I could kill them for the SD cards.

So I was really right, the only thing they brought was the shitty flip screen.
Go to hell Canon.

Upvote 0
L

LukeS

roger said:
LukeS said:
roger said:
The good news is: it will be cheap.
It needs to be or it will be in a whole world of hurt with those specs.
If it need to be, that it will be. When was the last time that you saw Canon position and price something poorly?

I guess $200 more than 550D.

$200 more than the 550D is too expensive, the Nikon D7000 will be right about that price and it's specs are far superior.

Upvote 0
J

Justin

My guess is $1049

roger said:
LukeS said:
roger said:
If it need to be, that it will be. When was the last time that you saw Canon position and price something poorly?

Upvote 0
H

hoktar

Well Justin,

I knew it can't be as good as the 7D but we already have a camera "worse" than the 7D and that's the 550D.
So what the hell is this 60D Supposed to be?! Who needs this crap, it's a crippled mix of a 7D and a 550D, not good for anything. If it were at least good for video (autofocus thing) or lowligt, or just SOMETHING! But this is useless!!
And who the fu... needs SD cards!!! I mean seriously, they did everything, to destroy the xxD! Why the hell would I spend an extra 300-400$ on a camera that is just slightly bigger than the 550D and has a Flipscreen?!?! That's insane.

Die Canon.

Upvote 0
M

markpsf

I just joined this forum to get some good reasoned thinking.

But unlike the DP Review forum it seems as though this is a place to vent frustrations. Lots of expectations. No firm specs yet. Definitely no reviews. Yet people are ready to leap into the arms of Sony (plenty of ripping of their cameras BTW from those expecting more of Sony...so it goes!) and Nikon.

I'll stay tuned in case there are some good and reasoned analyses posted. In the meantime...vent away.

And I do appreciate the website...Lots of good balanced info here.

MP

Upvote 0
R

roger

LukeS said:
roger said:
LukeS said:
roger said:

$200 more than the 550D is too expensive, the Nikon D7000 will be right about that price and it's specs are far superior.

I think Nikon will have a big relief. 60D will give them some breathing room, so D7000 don't need to be priced too aggressively. After all, Nikon is not in the business of killing Canon, it's in the business of making profit.

Upvote 0

About what I was expecting except I was still holding out hope for CF. Bummer. But it is still a full 3" high quality LCD, despite being articulated.

For those giving up on Canon innovation... there is that hybrid camera that may appear for Photokina. But if it is priced at a "flagship" level it will be irrelevant to the under 1.5k USD discussion.

http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-hybrid/

It would appear that other camera makers are advancing in value (more features at the same price point) and innovation, while XXD is relatively stagnant. It had better at least be priced right.

Upvote 0
S

scalesusa

Jay-Kay said:
Canon Rumors said:
11 min video
Sounds unrealistic because 5D, 7D and 550D can all record 30min.
...or does Canon set up the data rate so that the 60D will reach the 4GB limit after 11min?

This was pretty much predictable. After Canon came out with the 7d to match the D300, any XXD camera had to be a lower end camera to match the D90 series. Expect the price to be $100 lower than the D95. I'm kinda suprised that they came out with it at all, they seemed to have delayed for Nikon and Sony to show their hand.

Upvote 0

Fortunately my 40D continues to work well for my needs. !0 mp is large enough for magazine ads. And seeing as I don't "motor drive" the camera I've lots of shutter life left.

As I've said all along, cameras are just tools. So I'll look at the new Nikon, Pentax and Sony cameras. The problem with Pentax and Sony is that they don't have tilt & shift lenses, but the Nikon PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D is a better lens, in many ways, than Canon TS-E 90 f2.8.

Just have to wait and see how things shake out, but if I do switch I will miss my EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.