*UPDATE* Vote for Your Favourite Canon Gear of 2016

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Re: Vote for Your Favourite Canon Gear of 2016

douglaurent said:
unfocused said:
douglaurent said:
Instead of voting for products by release year and voting for one brand only, this is my...

Except it's not your website, so you don't get to decide what the survey should be about. Canon Rumors guy already decided the topic and parameters.

Yeah, let's all move to North Corea so we can all have the same opinion! Diversity sucks! Would make business for Canon easier as well.

Well, it would have helped if your list was more complete. More indecision is far better than having to choose just what is on the survey list. Keep your bases covered. Good idea.

By the way... did you mean North Cornea?

Actually, Canon couldn't survive in North Cornea. They have no money. Well, Dear Leader does.

Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai

neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:
Looking at the small amount of comments to this "Canon only 2016 Vote" post, most forum users seem to think the concept of it is not too exciting, too. Voting for the best of any brand and from any time would be more helpful for future buying decisions.

Lol. More likely, people are just voting on the main page and don't feel the need to comment.

Why don't you go start your own website and forums so you can make better polls? Better yet, since you clearly know so much more about making and selling cameras than all the current manufacturers, why don't you start your own ILC manufacturing company. Since you've already predicted doom for Canon in 2017 by 2019, you should easily be able to drive Nikon, Sony and the others out of business by then, too.

Or are you just an armchair quarterback? All talk and no action? Yeah, that's what I figured.

What amazes me Neuro is the fact that he can't grasp the concept that he's on a CANON forum, why would we be talking about other manufacturers and setting up polls about their products?
If we wanted a poll featuring multiple manufacturers then we would be on some magazine forum, keep up matey!! douglaurent are you the new Dilbert :eek:

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:
Looking at the small amount of comments to this "Canon only 2016 Vote" post, most forum users seem to think the concept of it is not too exciting, too. Voting for the best of any brand and from any time would be more helpful for future buying decisions.

Lol. More likely, people are just voting on the main page and don't feel the need to comment.

Why don't you go start your own website and forums so you can make better polls? Better yet, since you clearly know so much more about making and selling cameras than all the current manufacturers, why don't you start your own ILC manufacturing company. Since you've already predicted doom for Canon in 2017 by 2019, you should easily be able to drive Nikon, Sony and the others out of business by then, too.

Or are you just an armchair quarterback? All talk and no action? Yeah, that's what I figured.

What a loser I am. Indeed I will not manage to manufacture better cameras than Canon. But it's also not necessary, because as an owner of the other camera systems with all the nice features Canon's missing I just use them, until Canon comes up with equal solutions. It's basically you who are stuck with a manufacturer that is going to milk lots of money out of you for half solutions, because Canon is selling less gear since years and everything looks as if they will continue to do so.

Upvote 0

Stewart K said:
neuroanatomist said:
douglaurent said:

What amazes me Neuro is the fact that he can't grasp the concept that he's on a CANON forum, why would we be talking about other manufacturers and setting up polls about their products?
If we wanted a poll featuring multiple manufacturers then we would be on some magazine forum, keep up matey!! douglaurent are you the new Dilbert :eek:

My favourite list consists of pieces that are mostly available for Canon EF-mount. And in the few cases they are not, it shows where Canon could have been better. Makes much more sense to discuss that, than what one brand did randomly release in one calendar year. Who buys stuff for that reason?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

douglaurent said:
What a loser I am. Indeed I will not manage to manufacture better cameras than Canon. But it's also not necessary, because as an owner of the other camera systems with all the nice features Canon's missing I just use them, until Canon comes up with equal solutions.

Indeed. If Canon ILCs are missing all those nice features compared to their competitors' ILCs, how is it that Canon manages to sell more of them than their competitors? The 5DIV seems to be selling quite well...how can that be when so many people are dissatisfied with it (according to your armchair quarterbacking)? Canon has solutions. If you don't like them, that's your problem, not Canon's.

douglaurent said:
It's basically you who are stuck with a manufacturer that is going to milk lots of money out of you for half solutions, because Canon is selling less gear since years and everything looks as if they will continue to do so.

Why do you think I'm 'stuck with a half solution'? News flash: you don't get to define my needs, nor the needs of anyone but yourself. The market share data clearly show that your personal needs and desires are not really aligned with the broader market. In other words, get over yourself.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

douglaurent said:
My favourite list consists of pieces that are mostly available for Canon EF-mount. And in the few cases they are not, it shows where Canon could have been better. Makes much more sense to discuss that, than what one brand did randomly release in one calendar year. Who buys stuff for that reason?

The poll is about what people bought? Well, it seems one of us has difficulty with reading comprehension.

Random releases in one calendar year? I guess TIPA, EISA, iF, and other awarding organizations that hand out awards for each year's products are just idiots doing things for no reason.

We here on Canon Rumors Forum are so lucky to have a genius of your caliber participating - you seem to know more and better than everyone, you're a real legend in your own mind!

douglaurent said:
What a loser I am. Indeed I will not manage to manufacture better cameras than Canon.

Well, at least you know a couple of things.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011

douglaurent said:
Looking at the small amount of comments to this "Canon only 2016 Vote" post, most forum users seem to think the concept of it is not too exciting, too.

Stop thinking your talking for other people or that you know what others think. Please just stop it.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

bf17ea1b8aa857778138b91de51b96a0.jpg

Upvote 0

Stuart

Hi, Welcome from an ePhotozine fan, & 6D user.
Jul 22, 2010
London & Woking
www.ephotozine.com

I love the idea of the EOS M dominating the carry-around market.

There after don't compromise lens quality - And if you can make an EF F1.8 thrifty thirty for walk around street - or the EOS M equiv at F1.4 brilliant.

Upvote 0