We’ve returned to the 26.2mp sensor in the EOS RP

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Update: Here’s an updated specification list for the Canon EOS RP.
Our previous list of specifications for the Canon EOS RP mentioned an all-new 24mp sensor, which was a new bit of information, as certification agencies had previously mentioned a 26.2mp sensor for a full frame mirrorless camera.
Nokishita reports that “K433” is the Canon EOS RP and will have a 26.2mp image sensor, which would likely be recycled from the EOS 6D Mark II.

Canon “EOS RP” (Model ID K433)

SKU: 3380C001
Radio wave authentication DS126751.
Comes with: RF 24-105mm USM kit
Full frame sensor: 26.2 million pixels.
Battery: LP-E 17
External grip: EG-E1

This definitely...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
They'll probably have of chip AD/C in this one which should make a difference. I'm not clued up on the 6Dii, what was so bad?
I don't think it will be changed.
It depends, but the dynamic range it is much more like the 5D Mark III (maybe a little bit better), certainly inferior to the the Mark IV / EOS R and also somewhat behind 5Ds/5DsR

Upvote 0
They'll probably have of chip AD/C in this one which should make a difference. I'm not clued up on the 6Dii, what was so bad?

6DII most probably uses on-chip ADC and the base ISO performance is worse than even the APS-C 80D. While the 6DII is still capable of making perfect photos, in certain conditions, the worse results than its APS-C siblins, are a bummer.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I don't think it will be changed.
It depends, but the dynamic range it is much more like the 5D Mark III (maybe a little bit better), certainly inferior the the Mark IV / EOS R and also somewhat behind 5Ds/5DsR

... and also behind the APS-C 80D, M5, M6 ... weird, isn't it?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Crack on,
Talking about a 'budget' camera like it should have professional specs is a familiar line.
General rule of thumb here is, 'you pay for what you get'

Don't worry, I get your thinking. We have freely decided to pass on the 6D II, saved a bit and went for the 5DIV instead, so in the end, Canon got even more money from us :)

The trouble is, I don't consider it being a budget solution for the "professional line", if the lower line 80D, M5 and M6 have better low light performance.

After the 6DII release I told to myself, that Canon had to be under some time or budget or production line pressure, and that Canon will not repeat the same mistake again. I just hope I was right.

Upvote 0

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
The trouble is, I don't consider it being a budget solution for the "professional line", if the lower line 80D, M5 and M6 have better low light performance.
You should try actually using a 6DII. No way I’d change mine for any of the cameras you mentioned, especially for low light photography.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0