- 5DIV like body;
- Liveview;
- Tilty LCD screen;
- AutoISO;
- No video;
- Dual card slots;
- A nice price;

Thanks Canon.

You mean a 12-13 mp sensor in a modern 5D, not the original surely !? I still have a 5D, and when using the latest raw converters it's pretty good. Love the small file sizes, but imagine an up-to-the-minute 13 mp sensor with a QE in the region of 65% and massive saturation capacity - a la a7sII. Now that would be interesting for someone who tends to shoot landscapes as stitched panoramics.

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
slclick said:
A refresh of the 200 2.8L, I know... I'm alone in this.

Definitely alone. I just bought a 100-400L (old) using my 200/2.8L II as part of
payment. Found the 200/2.8 to always be slightly to long or way too short and
you can't really zoom with your legs with that kind of focal length.

Slightly more on-topic: wouldn't it be nice if Canon added IS to all new lenses?

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
hne said:
slclick said:

Definitely alone. I just bought a 100-400L (old) using my 200/2.8L II as part of

Slightly more on-topic: wouldn't it be nice if Canon added IS to all new lenses?

It's not my first and top choice, but I've had a couple of 200 f2.8's and I thought they were wonderful, so hopefully it will still be around and updated. Buy it used and it's an awesome bargain.

Upvote 0
I'll play;

1. Individually illuminated LED focus boxes like my original 5D and bodies up to and including the 1D MKIV. It was great to see Canon put this feature back in the 1DX MKII and I was hoping against hope this would find its way on to the 5D MKIV but sadly it wasn't to be. If the only improvement to the MKV is this addition then I'm in! I'd even stump up the extra for a MK4.5 :)

2. When releasing new cameras please, please include current & up-to-date transfer protocols such as the latest USB and CF/SD card specs. I think Canon has been badly behind the curve adopting the latest protocols.

3. Please put the +/- magnify buttons back on the shoulder of the camera where they were for years. Oh and while you're at it please give us the ability to map any function to any button so that those of us who want to map the +/- buttons onto the AE Lock/AF Point Selection buttons can do so! Illuminated buttons would just be the icing on the cake.

4. Built-in RF for Speedlite control instead of using the ST-E3-RT. And talking of the ST-E3-RT please put the IR pre-flash/AF assist beam back in. Thank you! :)

5. A more robust 50mm f/1.whatever lens instead of the fragile, twice repaired 50mm f/1.4 version that has been around for far too many years now. Even better would be an L IS version with a maximum aperture of at least f/1.4

6. More Custom Settings. An additional C4-C9 should fit on the Mode dial on my MKIV anyway. Why limit the rotation at A+ going clockwise and C3 going anti-clockwise? Not that I can fill up C1-C3 unless I really put my mind to it but all that empty space doing nothing...:)

I can think of more but that will do for starters...

-=Glyn=-

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
hne said:
slclick said:

I'm done with heavy (white) lenses. The Sigma 100-400 is as big as I'll get.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Lens wise:

1) I'm saving for the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM mkIII

2) EF 50mm f/<2.0 IS USM

3) EF 85mm f/<2.0 IS USM.

4) EF 135mm f/<=2.0 IS USM

Camera wise:

1) Dump the CF slot in the 5DmkV, have dual SD slots.

UHS-II full duplex is >90% as fast as UDMA 7, and and v90 SD cards are already in the market. By the time the 5DmkV is out there, I hope UHS-II can fully replace CF.

2) AF point linked AE. The EOS 3 had it. The Powershot G series has it. It would be nice if the 5DmkV had it.

3) Backlit buttons.

I know my camera requirements are modest. I rarely shoot video, resolution is beyond my needs, and I might actually downgrade to a 7DmkII/III

Upvote 0
Antono Refa said:
1) Dump the CF slot in the 5DmkV, have dual SD slots.

UHS-II full duplex is >90% as fast as UDMA 7, and and v90 SD cards are already in the market. By the time the 5DmkV is out there, I hope UHS-II can fully replace CF.

Sounds like a good idea but based on their track record UHS-III will have been released by the time they get round to implementing UHS-II so they will still be behind the curve! :)

-=Glyn=-

Upvote 0