What is your Canon wish list ?

slclick said:
chrysoberyl said:
Nothing! Canon has nothing that interests me! I would like to see a 400-500 affordable prime from Sigma.

It's what you want, not what they have. It's playtime not grumble time.

Agreed - my apologies. Still irked about not getting the MP-E I was promised.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
chrysoberyl said:
slclick said:
chrysoberyl said:
Nothing! Canon has nothing that interests me! I would like to see a 400-500 affordable prime from Sigma.

It's what you want, not what they have. It's playtime not grumble time.

As a macro guy, I understand and absolve you of any and all forum grumblings and rants.

Upvote 0
I wish Canon's R&D department could move out of some Mom's basement and talk to people who buy cameras. In case they haven't noticed, the children of the army who defeated the Empire in WW2 (aka Baby Boomers) have a lot of cash, but we're getting tired of carrying big heavy cameras and lenses just to do what Sony users can do with a lot less weight. We have money to spend, but we're not going to hand it over in response to half-hearted efforts like the M5. Those that followed the M5--the M6, M100--would be laughable, if they weren't such really sad products. Come on, Canon. Get with the program!

My wife ordered a 5DSR the day it was announced, because it was a major improvement over her 5D2--50 megapixels. It is a camera with native resolution for 16x24 prints and fine detail we've never before seen in 35mm sized digital images. I, on the other hand, am sticking with my SL1 and Tamron 16-300 until Canon gets serious about mirrorless, or until I give up and join my friends who have abandoned Canon and moved to Sony. The next big camera show is going to be it for me. I'm too old to keep waiting for Canon to acknowledge the 21st century! Canon, show me what you've got. I can afford a good, lightweight, leading edge camera. If it can be Canon, that's great. Otherwise, my kids (or their kids) are going to get a bunch of used Canon gear given to them, and I'm moving to light weight, in body stabilization, 4k video...and an eye level viewfinder that I can use with stills and video, made by someone other than Canon.

Upvote 0
Drainpipe said:
chrysoberyl said:

Was there supposed to be a new MP-E?! I must have missed that one. Love the current version, but I wouldn't mind an update :-X

No, the Canon Store botched my order for a used MP-E - sent only the hood - and refused to honor the order. No new MP-E in sight, as far as I know.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
bowserb said:
I wish Canon's R&D department could move out of some Mom's basement and talk to people who buy cameras. In case they haven't noticed, the children of the army who defeated the Empire in WW2 (aka Baby Boomers) have a lot of cash, but we're getting tired of carrying big heavy cameras and lenses just to do what Sony users can do with a lot less weight. We have money to spend, but we're not going to hand it over in response to half-hearted efforts like the M5. Those that followed the M5--the M6, M100--would be laughable, if they weren't such really sad products. Come on, Canon. Get with the program!

Just wondering if you have ever tried the M5 - or if you are just another typical complainer who reads spec sheets and reviews and then decides Canon sucks because that is the thing to do.

I tried the M5 and think it is an excellent camera. I also own the Olympus E-M1, which is also excellent. So, if you are not needing a FF mirrorless, there are some really good choices out there - including Canon's. The only mirrorless cameras that I thought were well below par and were returned were the Sony A7 and A7 II. So not really sure what you are complaining about.

Upvote 0
My fervent wish list is a Canon 6dmk3 with a sensor with better dynamic range, and two SD recording slots. These features were rumored to be part of the "new" 6d2 but alas were not. The "new" 6D2 has bombed with the reviewers and is to say the least, not selling well because it has less dynamic range than the old 6d which, believe it or not, is now selling better than the new 6D2 on BH. The only decent Canon full frame is the 5d4 which is selling for the same price as the class leading Nikon 850 which is the most advanced DSLR on the market today.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
john kriegsmann said:
My fervent wish list is a Canon 6dmk3 with a sensor with better dynamic range, and two SD recording slots. These features were rumored to be part of the "new" 6d2 but alas were not. The "new" 6D2 has bombed with the reviewers and is to say the least, not selling well because it has less dynamic range than the old 6d which, believe it or not, is now selling better than the new 6D2 on BH. The only decent Canon full frame is the 5d4 which is selling for the same price as the class leading Nikon 850 which is the most advanced DSLR on the market today.

Yeah that 1D series...so indecent

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
john kriegsmann said:

Thank you for another troll post. How much is Nikon paying you?

Upvote 0

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
Since we’re doing wish lists, here’s mine (keep in mind I’m a macro guy :) )

- Mirrorless full frame pro body.
This is something that I’m sure a lot of people want, but the weight savings would be nice over the traditional DSLR. I don’t really care about FPS, but some decent DR would be great. From samples I have seen of the 5D IV, I think it’s sensor is perfectly adequate. The ability to use an EVF while also having a flash mounted would be essential.

- MP-E 180mm f2.8 L .5x-5x
This I think would be an awesome design, however I am no optical engineer, so it may be out of the realm of possibility. So often I’m faced with the dilemma of choosing between a 100mm macro and the MP-E. I think this would be a great range for the hardcore macro guy, as it would allow a little greater working distance.

- An MT-24EX with an overall smaller design.
The current design is pretty heavy. No real reason to improve the heads or anything because I’ll just cover them with diffusion.

Again, my wish list is all about a lightweight run and gun rig. Well... except for that lens :D

Upvote 0
john kriegsmann said:

I'm no fan of the 6d mk2 given what it could/should have been, but I haven't seen anything about it selling badly - does any one have any links for how it's doing?

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
I want the EOS-M lineup expanded and a new M5 Mark II.
- evf greater magnification
- liveview shooting EVF mode
- 14 bit continuous
- expanded AEB to 3,5, and 7 shots
- quicker AF-servo
- put back in 10 second timer, # of shots that they removed from M3,M5 and M6

what everyone else wants but I frankly don't care.
- auto-iso improvements
- articulated screen, or tilting up
- fps increase 2-5 fps
- 4k video

I also want three constant f/4 lenses 10-20, 15-45, 45-135 (these may be hard because it seems like canon has a fairly strict 61mm diameter to the EF-M lens design).

Upvote 0
My lens wishlist would be...
500mm f/4 DO IS USM around the $7k range... However, that 200-500 f/5.6L IS USM for about $3.5k that Ladislav mentioned above would be awesome too!

My body wishlist would be...
Full frame EF mount mirrorless in a pro body size that has at least 50mp and a min of 10fps. Dual CFast 2.0 card slot. I'd gladly repay you Tuesday for this body today! LOL

Upvote 0