What's Your Favourite Product So Far in 2017 From Canon?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>Canon has been pretty busy with announcements so far in 2017, We’re only 6 weeks in and already we’ve seen 4 notable cameras announced. We expect the lenses to be coming over the next few months. We believe the next lens will be an EF-S prime, which we’re still trying to get more information on. Also, don’t forget we’re going to see an <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-ef-85mm-f1-4l-is-usm-on-the-way-cr3/">EF 85mm f/1.4L IS some time in 2017</a>.</p>
<p>You can vote below for your favourite product of 2017.</p>
<script>
  (function(d, s, id){
    var js,
        fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
        p = (('https:' == d.location.protocol) ? 'https://' : 'http://'),
        r = Math.floor(new Date().getTime() / 1000000);
    if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
    js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.async=1;
    js.src = p + "www.opinionstage.com/assets/loader.js?" + r;
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
  }(document, 'script', 'os-widget-jssdk'));
</script>
<div id="2420542" class="os_poll" data-path="/polls/2420542" data-width="728" data-fif="false"></div>

<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
IglooEater said:
The bottom of the poll is covered by the links/ads/click bait junk at the bottom of the page whenever I try to click on "I wish there was the 6D II"

You'll have to provide a screenshot, as I don't see the issue. Most issues can be resolved by clearing cache and restarting the browser.

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
The brand new 85mm f1.4ART...oh, darny, darn, darn. That's not a Canon product, it's a SIGMA product. Let's have the Canon version now, but with IS, weather-sealing, and that pretty, bright red ring. And all for only $1,799USD please. Remember the new one is only supposed to be a f1.4 right? So with the current f1.2L (with no IS) selling for around $1,700 - $1,900USD I think this is reasonable. (I also think I'm a wee bit daft to think it will cost less than $2k USD but a fella can dream/wish can't he?)

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
In the actual poll I picked the M6. Mainly because I think it shows that Canon is serious about their commitment to mirrorless and the M-lineup. Plus it looks like a very good iteration of the M series. I think this would be a blast to take backpacking with the kit lens and maybe the bigger zoom lens. Not a lot of weight, not a lot of space, and in all likelihood, very good image capture. Or just to knock around town and get interesting shots with a relatively small (read: innocuous) package, again delivering fair to excellent results...

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
IglooEater said:
The bottom of the poll is covered by the links/ads/click bait junk at the bottom of the page whenever I try to click on "I wish there was the 6D II"

You'll have to provide a screenshot, as I don't see the issue. Most issues can be resolved by clearing cache and restarting the browser.

It appears fine till I click on it, then I get this:

Attachments

• IMG_2658.PNG
    IMG_2658.PNG
    445.9 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
I cannot see the poll either but for the record I'm waiting for the 6D MKII the MK1 camera is now long overdue replacement as good as it has been for me its now seriously behind the competition (yes I know Neuro will bellow) but frankly 11AF points in 2017 is a joke and if the 800D can get 45AF points then disabling a FF camera is no longer justifiable and the same for the metering system.

Canon have also made a rod for their back because given the price hike were likely to see with the 6D MKII simply providing Digic 7 with 45 point AF and say the 7,560 RGB-IR metering system and a new sensor likely to be between 24-28MP will not justify the price differential to the 800d / 77D / 80D.

It is still going to be a very interesting year regardless of what they have already announced but the big one for 2017 is the 6D MKII.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't say the current 6D is a joke... I'm on a 9 point system and have got some fine shines with it. However it certainly is due a refresh. Personally I'd see a 6D mark II selling side by side a 6D, just at different price brackets. Put the 6D at <1K and the 6D II at <2K and both models could be very compelling.
The new 6D should best the Nikon D750 in every way, and the 6D already bests the D610 in most ways.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
IglooEater said:
Canon Rumors said:
IglooEater said:

It appears fine till I click on it, then I get this:

Is that an iPhone? If so, dump the cache. There have been a couple of issues reported lately on Safari/iPhone and cache clearing has resolved it. I cannot replicate the issue on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, OSX.

Upvote 0
IglooEater said:
Wouldn't say the current 6D is a joke... I'm on a 9 point system and have got some fine shines with it. However it certainly is due a refresh. Personally I'd see a 6D mark II selling side by side a 6D, just at different price brackets. Put the 6D at <1K and the 6D II at <2K and both models could be very compelling.
The new 6D should best the Nikon D750 in every way, and the 6D already bests the D610 in most ways.

Hmm...I am interested in a 6D II but much above $2K would get me thinking about a 5DS R.

Upvote 0
6D II is definitely the most interesting on the list for me, but that may change if those old rumours of a 2017 5DS R II surface again!

I love the idea of the 5DS R but I know that I would regret buying it if the new sensor tech were to get implemented in the next year or two (as someone who really values dynamic range). That rumour from late last year is keeping me second guessing any choice to upgrade my 6D!

Upvote 0