When is the M5 Shipping?

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
Canon Rumors Premium
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
dppaskewitz said:
..... here is the link for the company that sells the L Brackets. This is for the M3 (I have this bracket and it works very well). My guess is that Mengs will quickly produce one for the M5 once it starts to ship. http://www.gumptrade.com/photography-accessories/quick-release-plate/m3l-l-shaped-camera-quick-release-plate-1-4-screw-for-canon-m3-camera.html?___store=en

+1

I know that RRS has an L-bracket for the M5 already, but it is a bit pricey. I also use a much less expensive L-Bracket on my M3 ( was less than $20) that fits perfectly and allows access to the battery with the bracket in place. I feel like it is strong enough for its purpose. The M3 with an EF-M lens is not that heavy and any EF lens needs the adapter (mine is from Canon when I got the M1 so it does have the tripod adapter) and bigger lenses have their own tripod foot. The only issue I've had with this knock-off bracket is that the screw holding the side piece (what makes this an L instead of just a base plate) came a little loose. The easy fix is to just tighten it from time to time or add a little "Loctite" and the issue is gone.

If (more likely when) I make the jump to the M5, I'll probably go to E-bay and find another L-bracket which should be made by someone by then.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

Photorex said:
In Germany the tripod mount is not included in the "kit adaptor".This fact is even stated on the package, but the user manual did not mention that the tripod mount is to be bought seperately and even recommends to use the mounted adaptor only with the tripod mount if working on a tripod. Additionally this tripod mount is not available as a seperat product currently in the Canon shop.

Since a view weeks there is an advertising campaign from Canon in Germany saying:"Do something good. Help to make the Christmas days a little more #selifeless".

Now they have a new campaign:
Canon-stativadapterless.png

regards
Frank

Upvote 0

lw

Oct 9, 2013
After a couple of email exchanges with Canon support there answer remains the same. Tough!

Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.

Further to our written communication, we have read your e-mails and we do understand your enquiry, however we cannot supply you with any items because we do not sell any items.

If the mount is not provided in the box and it is not a part of the kit package, we regret to inform you that you would have to purchase it separately.

We do understand your enquiry and are very sorry to hear that the way the product is sold is causing you inconvenience. We can assure you that your feedback is taken into consideration.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

lw said:
After a couple of email exchanges with Canon support there answer remains the same. Tough!

Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.
We do understand your enquiry and are very sorry to hear that the way the product is sold is causing you inconvenience. We can assure you that your feedback is taken into consideration.

At least there is a little hope, that future buyers will have the tripod foot included.

But I'm wondering that you are constantly getting the statement, the tripod foot can't be bought separately. At least in Germany I could buy it as a spare part if I wanted to spend over 50€. Meanwhile I got a second quote but this topped the already high 51€ from the first one by further 10€. :eek:

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378664

troy19 said:
You fooled me, at first I thought it was a real campaign. Good work ;)

HaHa.

I wasn't able to find the suitable font, so I took the single letters from the rest of the text and copied them together to the word "#stativadapterless". There was no "v" and "p". I created the "v" from a "w" and for the "p" I used a "d" and turned it by 180 degrees. This way it looks very realisitc.

Frank

Upvote 0

Fleetie

Watching for pigs on the wing
Nov 22, 2010
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
troy19 said:
Photorex said:
Since a view weeks there is an advertising campaign from Canon in Germany saying:"Do something good. Help to make the Christmas days a little more #selifeless".

Now they have a new campaign:
Canon-stativadapterless.png
You fooled me, at first I thought it was a real campaign. Good work ;)
Yes, it was well done. Respect!

Way better than the puerile rubbish that Neuro spews when he is bored - which seems to be most of the time - at least until he gets to his coveted 20k posts, at which point, I hope he'll stop flooding the board with inane, pointless, unhelpful tripe.

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist

Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 21, 2010
Fleetie said:
Way better than the puerile rubbish that Neuro spews when he is bored - which seems to be most of the time - at least until he gets to his coveted 20k posts, at which point, I hope he'll stop flooding the board with inane, pointless, unhelpful tripe.

Thanks for another of your usual helpful and highly valued additions to the forums. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist

Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 21, 2010
ethanz said:
I wish I had a 400mm to capture the fly ball from left field that sentence came from. Neuro's posts aren't bad, he just has a different type of humor. And I'm kind of excited for him to get 20,000 posts. That is quite a milestone.

Perhaps I should hit 19999 then go on holiday. ;D

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
ethanz said:
I wish I had a 400mm to capture the fly ball from left field that sentence came from. Neuro's posts aren't bad, he just has a different type of humor. And I'm kind of excited for him to get 20,000 posts. That is quite a milestone.

Perhaps I should hit 19999 then go on holiday. ;D

first make 20k to earn the big time Canon Defense league jackpot bonus ... THEN go on holidays. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

lw

Oct 9, 2013
Photorex said:
At least there is a little hope, that future buyers will have the tripod foot included.

The annoying thing is the retailers don't seem to care either. Amazon's attitude is return it if you don't like it.

But I'm wondering that you are constantly getting the statement, the tripod foot can't be bought separately. At least in Germany I could buy it as a spare part if I wanted to spend over 50€. Meanwhile I got a second quote but this topped the already high 51€ from the first one by further 10€. :eek:

I have found a Canon service centre that will sell them - Lehmans. But it is similar to you - £44 inc VAT and Postage.

A very well made 3rd party adaptor including the mount is cheaper than that.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
I often see the original Canon EF-M adapter - with tripod foot - offered "used" for very little money [like 40 €] ... usually in "almost unused" condition. :)

Before I would give pone cent to Canon for that tripod foot they have omitted from their forced-kits [in Europe only, it appears], I will rather buy the whole thing used. No additional sales revenue for GREEDY Canon.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
AvTvM said:
I often see the original Canon EF-M adapter - with tripod foot - offered "used" for very little money [like 40 €] ... usually in "almost unused" condition. :)

Before I would give pone cent to Canon for that tripod foot they have omitted from their forced-kits [in Europe only, it appears], I will rather buy the whole thing used. No additional sales revenue for GREEDY Canon.

or get a chinese knockoff through ebay.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
rrcphoto said:

I actually prefer not to take any risks on adapters. So I'd rather get the Canon adapter "used, like new". That way I have an original Canon product without Canon getting any money for it. I enjoy that feeling ... a lot. 8) :)

Speaking of adapters, has anyone noticed the price lately? Canon wants $127 for a refurbished model. They range from $150-200 on Amazon. eBay has a ton of knock-offs but a used Canon model runs about $100.

I must admit it's been a while (when I got my M1) since I looked at the price but I remember paying less than $50 on Amazon for the white box version.

Canon is giving them away (with the tripod foot) if you buy a refurbished M3 or M10.

Upvote 0
AvTvM said:
rrcphoto said:

I actually prefer not to take any risks on adapters. So I'd rather get the Canon adapter "used, like new". That way I have an original Canon product without Canon getting any money for it. I enjoy that feeling ... a lot. 8) :)

You enjoy some weird things

Upvote 0