Where is Canon's Fuji X20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Canon will do anything about the advanced high end point and shoot market that Fuji is just killing it in and even Nikon has the coolpix A that is OK. This is Fuji's 2nd camera in this segment and still nothing from Canon. I just don't find that the G15 or S110 are really a decent comparison to the Fuji X20 in so many ways. I think something more enthusiast focused would be awesome but it doesn't seem like Canon want's to try anything new and different in a big way. The 2/3" sensor in the X20 and the f/2-f/2.8 zoom lens are HUGE. And somehow, Fuji managed to make the images extremely sharp. You can download some Fuji X20 files in a review at: http://learningcameras.com/reviews/9-other/128-fuji-x20-hands-on-review
Has anyone seen images this sharp from the Canon G15 or S110?

There is a review on youtube for it as well:
Fuji X20 Hands On Review

I would think Canon executives feel the G1X is adequate competition for the x20 market segment. Rather spend
the time to focus on the Xpro/XE segment and the M isn't going to cut it. Given the choice of the M - even with an expanded lens selection - or an XE, the choice is pretty simple for me. The SL is almost a competitor, but I'm not
sure the size difference between it and a Rebel will be much of a difference at retail.
Canon faces a major problem in cannibalizing existing lines if they "innovate" too much. I'd rather see them take the Apple approach and eat their own children with better more functional new offerings.

Upvote 0
I do like the G15, only used it briefly and with JPG but it was a great street cam, got some good candids, and that's F/1.8 ~ F/2.8. Though, that wasn't my camera and I'm sticking with my 5DII for everything, and I much prefer the X20 for it's form and function over the G15 too. if I get another strictly stills camera though then my eyes are set on the x100s, or the x100 because they can be had for a lot less now... OR, the next X-pro with improved AF like the S, and if it includes the digital split image focusing ability of the x100s then vintage lenses here we go~
While, if you want an X20, go get an X20, not like there are batteries or lenses that are compatible that need to be Canon anyways.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.