Which camera brand you actively use, other than Canon?

Which camera brand do you actively use, other than Canon?

• Nikon

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Sony

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Sigma

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Fujifilm

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Leica

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Samsung

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pentax

• Olympus

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Panasonic

• Ricoh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hasselblad or other medium format

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I only use Canon

Votes: 27 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
Cameras (besides Canon) in order of most use:
Cosina Voigtländer (Bessa L)
Mamiya (645AF)
Kiev (88CM and 60)
Pentacon (6)
Petri (7s Rangefinder)
Nikon (Nikonos V, just got it from a mate but haven't even done a test roll yet)

Non-Canon Lenses in order of use:
Zeiss (mostly on the P6-variants, can't afford ZE prices)
Sigma (8-16mm gets a fair workout on the 7D)
Cosina Voigtländer (21mm f/4 is a damn fine lens)
RokiBowYang (35/1.4, thanks to Roger at LensRentals I can't call it anything else)
KMZ (for the soviet versions of the P6-mount lenses, plus the M42 Jupiter, Helios, Cyclop, Tair, and Mir)
Lensbaby (almost everything except the 80mm and 35mm)
... and various others, like Asahi Pentax (Takumars), Olympus OM macro lenses, Tokina (a little-used 17mm), a collection of Schneider Kreuznach for some of the Kodak Retina models, and some that I have no idea what they are or where they came from.

Upvote 0
GoPro!

Hero 3 Black and Hero 2 - They go everywhere with me. If Canon implemented a video mode that had the similar features as the Hero 3 Black (720p120, 1080p60, 2.7k, different FOV/crop modes, Protune-style mode) on their next DSLR's, or even in an EOS-C or EOS-M camera, then I would pay 1DX money for it, even if it was a Rebel series camera shooting h.264.

Upvote 0
I'm a chemical engineer, and I use my iPhone multiple times a week to take pictures out in the field for documentation. I have 2 Canon compact cameras that are used seldomly (one I just keep around because I have an underwater case for it), and one Nikon D70s body I use to test Nikkor lenses that I occasionally fix. I've often looked for good used deals on Panasonic GF series and Olympus E-PL series cameras for a small, light camera to carry, but never jumped on anything I've found (Nikon 1 sensor is too small, as is its selection of third party lenses currently, and I'm not a big fan of the NEX cameras, since they don't have a truly compact zoom like the Panasonic 14-42mm PZ).

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
mrsfotografie said:
I've recently acquired a Sony NEX-6 because I wanted to get a good (APS-C) compact system camera and Canon isn't quite there, yet. The last few years I've been pretty loyal to Canon, until now.

What other camera brand do you actively use, other than Canon? If you like, please specify which model and why.
Nikon D7000 & Nikkor 18-300mm VR lens ... I find this combo to be very versatile covering the fov of 3 lenses in 1 ... since last Saturday my office bag (LowePro Event Messenger 250) always has the Nikon D7000 + 18-300 VR lens, Yonguno YN569EX, Better Beamer, Mac Book Pro, iPad Mini, iPhone and the CamRanger. With this set up I pretty much have almost everything I need for general use and it is not very heavy.
But the camera I really use the most has to be my iPhone 4S ... although I don't use it much for "real" photography, it is used several times a day for saving receipts, bills, screen shots, serial numbers, articles/addresses/maps/adverts published in news papers & magazines etc just to mention a few
Of course, for all "serious" photography it is back to Canon 5D MK III, few L lenses & a couple of 600 EX-RTs.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
mrsfotografie said:
Interesting, looks like Sony is in the lead so far...

Of course practically everyone seems to (also) have an I-phone ::)
I see "I only use Canon" leading the pack

That's not a "camera brand you actively use, other than Canon" ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.