Why Scott Kelby Switched to Canon

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
unfocused said:
Makes me glad I stopped it at about the 2 minute mark. I just wish I had done the same with this thread.
Maybe, it is because you were are "unfocused" ;D ... the video was waaaay too long for what he wanted to convey, he could have done it in less than 2 minutes ... but all his videos on the "Grid" show are bloody loooong, that's why I had stopped watching it after the first couple of shows in 2011 ... they used to have a series called "D-Town TV", which was very educational and short (I think they changed the name of the series to "Photography Tips and Tricks" ... even the format has changed for the worse).

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
slclick said:
Scott called and told me the real reason, They introduced him to Suzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S7gpQvOrFo

So now we have descended to calling him a pedophile? ;)

If this is an actual ad (I think not) it would have been the worst in my life. The North Korean newreader is worse, but at least she has entertainment value :)

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:

Suzy is an adult and I expect you to act like one too!

If this is an actual ad (I think not) it would have been the worst in my life. The North Korean newreader is worse, but at least she has entertainment value :)

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:

It was a joke, and I appologize. It was not my intention to be rude, just a lame attempt at humor in a more and more absurd thread.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:

Now I'm disappointed! I thought we had a good thing going there! Sorry if my sarcasm was turned up to 11. Also I forgot the winking emoticon that lets all facetious remarks off the hook.

It was a joke, and I appologize. It was not my intention to be rude, just a lame attempt at humor in a more and more absurd thread.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:

Now I'm disappointed! I thought we had a good thing going there! Sorry if my sarcasm was turned up to 11. Also I forgot the winking emoticon that lets all facetious remarks off the hook.

Yeah, your right; I completely missed the sarcasm :) Life is too short to get tangled into squabbles over inane things such as Suzy mimicking emotions in her surreal video :)

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:
Quasimodo said:
slclick said:

Yeah, your right; I completely missed the sarcasm :) Life is too short to get tangled into squabbles over inane things such as Suzy mimicking emotions in her surreal video :)
I knew he was joking. By the way, squabbling over Scott is stupid coz while we are squabbling over his name, he is laughing all the way to the bank .... but Suzy is cute, so she is worth squabbling over, who knows one us might get lucky ;D ... unless one of you has already called the dibs on her ;D

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Lichtgestalt said:
now only joe mcnally has to switch.

im not a big fan of scott kelby but joe mcnally... that´s a different story.
with canons RT flashes he had a reason. :D
Scott is first and foremost a photoshop guy, an instructor, a musician and then a photographer ... but Joe McNally is a die hard photographer to the core and then an instructor ... if I'm not wrong, from one of his videos, I recollect him saying that he does not get into post processing himself, instead he's got a team of 2 or 3 people who do that for him ... and he is a die hard Nikon user, and he just loves the Nikon CLS as he is really into useing a lot of speedlites in his photography and does it brilliantly ... I don't think he will switch to Canon.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
Lichtgestalt said:
now only joe mcnally has to switch.

im not a big fan of scott kelby but joe mcnally... that´s a different story.
with canons RT flashes he had a reason. :D
Scott is first and foremost a photoshop guy, an instructor, a musician and then a photographer ... but Joe McNally is a die hard photographer to the core and then an instructor ... if I'm not wrong, from one of his videos, I recollect him saying that he does not get into post processing himself, instead he's got a team of 2 or 3 people who do that for him ... and he is a die hard Nikon user, and he just loves the Nikon CLS as he is really into useing a lot of speedlites in his photography and does it brilliantly ... I don't think he will switch to Canon.
Rienz is definitely right, and Joe McNally shot photos for the D4 launch and brochure so he has deep ties to Nikon. What's funny, though, is that I know one of his former assistants and he shoots with Canon ;D

Upvote 0