Will the Canon EOS R5s come with a pixel shift like feature? [CR2]

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
It will be nice to see the R5s come out in a R5 style body (without embedded bottom grip). That will give us all a choice of a smaller camera vs a larger bottom gripped (R3) camera. Many have strong preferences for one or the other, so having both is a brilliant strategy.

I'll be one that will (probably) prefer the smaller R5s style body, but I'll have to wait and see what both have to offer before knowing for sure which I'll hope to get as a 2nd body. Until that day, I'll always be glad for how great the R5 has been, and will continue to be. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
It will be nice to see the R5s come out in a R5 style body (without embedded bottom grip). That will give us all a choice of a smaller camera vs a larger bottom gripped (R3) camera. Many have strong preferences for one or the other, so having both is a brilliant strategy.

I'll be one that will (probably) prefer the smaller R5s style body, but I'll have to wait and see what both have to offer before knowing for sure which I'll hope to get as a 2nd body. Until that day, I'll always be glad for how great the R5 has been, and will continue to be. :)
After nearly 20 years of gripped and then integrated 1 series, plus another 20 plus years of just gripped bodies, I am firmly in the R3 style camp :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
After nearly 20 years of gripped and then integrated 1 series, plus another 20 plus years of just gripped bodies, I am firmly in the R3 style camp :)
I've come from the smaller Olympus system before switching to the R5, so I had come to love smaller cameras & lenses.
If they had come out with more lenses and bodies with state of the art (albeit small) sensors etc, and stayed in business, then I might still be with it.
But they didn't, and so I switched. The RF lenses & R5 sensor & AF produce magnificent photos, so I'll accept bigger gear for better images.
When the R3 comes out, I'll give it a good look in hands (hopefully my local store will have one to show).
It may be a good while longer before the R5s comes out to compare it to. When they're both available I'll choose whichever best suits me at the time - you never know?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0