Windows 10 no longer storing my full Exif from full image downloads!

Matt English

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2019
PLEASE advise...this is very frustrating. Starting several weeks ago, images downloaded to my windows 10 PC stopped displaying full EXIF data (ISO, F#, etc). This, despite the same image downloaded to Android still displays it...Please see attached...How can this be fixed??? Windows "Help" is of NO help! Thank you!
Annotation 2019-12-19 124546.png

Matt English

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2019
What method or software did you use? Mine all have the exif. I usually use lightroom to do the downloading.
Yes I download from Lightroom... Exactly as I did several weeks ago when it worked fine. And again, all is working fine when I download to my Android phone where I can see all of the exif data. I therefore have eliminated all other variables so it seems the issue is from Windows or something within my PC itself. Thanks so much for your help!

LDS

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 14, 2012
Are the EXIF data missing only when displayed by the OS property window, or from any application after having downloaded them to the system? A display bug may be a nuisance, a file alteration one is far worse.

Matt English

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2019
Are the EXIF data missing only when displayed by the OS property window, or from any application after having downloaded them to the system? A display bug may be a nuisance, a file alteration one is far worse.
Not showing on Any program or area on Windows.

LDS

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 14, 2012
Not showing on Any program or area on Windows.

Could you upload an image so we can check EXIF data were actually stripped? You said you use Lightroom to download images, did you try to move files with EOS Utility or copying them directly off the card and see if the data are still missing? Where do you store the data, in the OS "images" folder or in another directory of your choice?

I have no a recent release of LR, so I can't check if it's stripping the data, or if something happens later.

<-- start Taboola -->