Your best animal shots!

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
mrsfotografie said:
A Highland bull, in Drenthe, the Netherlands. This picture came somewhat unexpected as I was on a leasurely walk to try out my new holiday lens and left the 'L' glass at home. I'm pleased with the performance of my new optic :)

5DMkIII + Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD.

Very nice picture. Well done mrsfotografie.

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Common Rabbit, Thacka nature reserve, Penrith, Cumbria by Tom Scott, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2x, ƒ/5.6, 400mm, 1/500th, ISO800

Although common I do love rabbits. They seem such busy little subjects but when they sit and relax they are quiet, calm and collect, watching the world go by.

The area I was photographing has quite a lot of myxomatosis, which is a horrible disease so seeing so many in good health is great. I couldn't help photographing this Rabbit as the sun was going down behind it backlighting his lovely ears and with the Autumnal colour set in it made a lovely portrait.

Charolais, Thacka, Penrith, Cumbria by Tom Scott, on Flickr

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2x, ƒ/5.6, 140mm, 1/500th ISO 2000

On my walk this weekend I fell upon a heard of cattle which is a common site in Cumbria, but with the beautiful light this Charolais looked very comfortable in its surroundings.

The Charolais is a breed of taurine beef cattle from the Charolais area surrounding Charolles, in Burgundy, in eastern France. Charolais are raised for meat; they may be crossed with other breeds, including Angus and Hereford cattle. A cross-breed with Brahmans is called Charbray and is recognised as a breed in some countries.

Upvote 0
While waiting for the Northern Waterthrush to make an appearance, I had another type of visitor trundle out from the underbrush.
TRVFS1602-X3.jpg

Upvote 0

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
eml58 said:
Young Lion Cub, Northern Toolie Block Sth Africa

1Dx 400f/2.8 L II

Gorgeous image! Really really beautiful, fantastic light and expression.

Hope to get some great images when I'm in africa, heading for two months on 7th Jan Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia but not in that order.

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
tomscott said:
eml58 said:
Young Lion Cub, Northern Toolie Block Sth Africa

1Dx 400f/2.8 L II

Gorgeous image! Really really beautiful, fantastic light and expression.

Hope to get some great images when I'm in africa, heading for two months on 7th Jan Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia but not in that order.

Thanks Tom, well your going at an interesting time, the weather at that time of year should give you some magnificent skies as a backdrop.

Botswana, in particular the Okavango Delta, is possibly my favourite spot in Africa, at anytime of the year, but the water is higher in mid year which makes the wildlife on the remaining land more interesting, unfortunately the Skies are mostly just Blue.

Your certainly heading to all the right spots, so I can't see you not coming home with some lasting memories, only place I haven't tried on that list is Malawi and with the ongoing issues that affect the place it will probably stay of my list for the future, I'll be very interested in hearing how you found the place on your return.

Enjoy that trip & the Photography

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
From this morning at work.....

Documenting an equipment setup so off across the field to take some pictures in the remote hut.... On the way back I was dragging out an old satellite dish through the field behind me when out of the fog Bambi appears and comes over to check me out.....

With noise I was making, this was most definitely NOT a case of great fieldcraft and sneaking up on the critter.... I was not quiet with the dish dragging behind me..... perhaps it's like a giant cat toy that works on deer......

Both shots with a 7D2 and 17-55 lens, ISO 1280, 1/40th second, and uncropped

Attachments

• D15A8504.jpg
    D15A8504.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • D15A8505.jpg
    D15A8505.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
From this morning at work.....

Documenting an equipment setup so off across the field to take some pictures in the remote hut.... On the way back I was dragging out an old satellite dish through the field behind me when out of the fog Bambi appears and comes over to check me out.....

With noise I was making, this was most definitely NOT a case of great fieldcraft and sneaking up on the critter.... I was not quiet with the dish dragging behind me..... perhaps it's like a giant cat toy that works on deer......

Both shots with a 7D2 and 17-55 lens, ISO 1280, 1/40th second, and uncropped

Whoa that really is up-close and personal ;)

Upvote 0
The coolest brats in the park. The African Painted Dog. A very difficult pack to find, but we were lucky. We heard them kill a baboon and followed them on foot into the forest. It was quite an experience to sit on the ground, so close, watching this dog finishing his meal. And the look he gave me is priceless.

1DX, 200-400 f4L IS 1.4x @560, ISO10000

Attachments

• _D7T1257.jpg
    _D7T1257.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 162
Upvote 0