Your "precious" lord of the red rings is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my "precious" to me is the lens that I most use and would thus most miss... right now it's the 24-105L, it's pretty much indispensable for indoors with a bounce flash.

I'm mulling over swapping this lens for a 24-70 f/2.8L II later this year, but I might miss the 71-105 portion of the zoom.

It might still be my most used lens if I keep it, just for the flexibility it provides when I don't need a large aperture.

Upvote 0
C

crasher8

Phenix205 said:
dpedro said:
6. Now, what your #1, can't survive without it, lens?

May I ask what's yours?

I'd take the most expensive lens as it costs the most to replace the most expensive one unless it is some exotic lens that has been out of production for years.

Well since insurance isn't going to pay off for days if not weeks then I would want to spare something versatile. Might not be the most expensive but the 24-105 might be the one!

Upvote 0
jondave said:
People, seriously? Discussing what your favorite 2 lenses are in the context of a house fire? What next - a thread where you're in a sinking ship and what lenses you'll save?

No, no, no... you're shipwrecked on a desert isle and need the best lens for both self portraiture documenting your shrinking waistline AND to record your last sunsets while capturing the spectacular single-palm landscape... ;D

Upvote 0
FatDaddyJones said:
My house was burglarized last year and much of my photography gear was stolen (along with most everything else of value in my home). Thankfully, my insurance paid to have most of it replaced. Moral of the story? Have insurance.

By the way, you shouldn't be running into burning buildings, unless you really believe that those lenses are worth more than your life. (they're not).

LOL @ Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

True that!..

Upvote 0
dr croubie said:
Lenses are insured.

I'm grabbing my backup HDDs.

+1

But to play along...definitely my 70-200L II & probably my 85L II over my 24-70L II. The 85 makes me more $$ via actor headshots...the earnings would allow me to purchase the 24-70 again.

Reality though, you MUST have insurance. I had a 1Ds II, 1D II & several L lenses stolen from me in Brussels six years ago. Thankfully, my insurance covered the purchase price of every item.

Upvote 0
I was wanting to grab an 85L, but I have been using my zooms more and more these days. I'd probably say the 70-200 2.8 MK II is my "prescious" right about now. I agree with some of you that went for the 24-105. Indoors, when lighting is ok, that lens is great. The one that had a 24-105 and wanted the 24-70 Mk II, I am not super excited with the images. The 2.8 is nice, but if you can swing it, I'd try to rent it first. I loved my 17-55 Efs and expected way too much from my 24-70. I think I'm suffering from over hyping the lenses ability before I actually owned it. I haven't had it long, so I am sure I will get used to it, the more I use it.

Upvote 0
jondave said:
People, seriously? Discussing what your favorite 2 lenses are in the context of a house fire? What next - a thread where you're in a sinking ship and what lenses you'll save?

Whereas some people would take photos in their spare time, some think about what lenses they'll save in case their house burns down. Ha, that's why I love this forum. :p

Its not much different than "Imagine u would be on a desrted island. What would the 2 items (lenses in this case) you would bring with u?"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.