Kamlan has made some interesting APS-C lenses in the past, and now they look to branch out into the full-frame market. With no electronic connections, it's all manual focus and aperture settings, but you get a 55mm F1.4 lens for usually an excellent bang for the buck if their previous APS-C F 50mm F1.1 is any indication which happens to retail for $249.
The specifications of the lens are;
- Focal length: 55mm
- Full-frame compatible
- Angle of view: 40.5 °
- Open F value: F1.4
- Lens configuration: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Number of aperture blades: 13 elements
- Shortest focal length: Approximately 0.3m
- Focus adjustment: Manual focus
- Compatible mounts: Sony FE, Nikon Z , Canon R
- Weight:475g Dimensions: 76.5x66mm
- Scheduled release date: May 2022
If the new Kamlan lens is as well made as mine and priced similarly, it will be a really good value for anyone comfortable with manual everything ( and no EXIF data).
To be fair, the prices for old/vintage/... manual lenses have gone way up in the last 5-10 years - especially for the better ones - so you sometimes will get similar value for money with modern manual lenses.