Leica has officially announced their new entry level M digital rangefinder camera. This new camera will replace the Leica M-E and bring to an end the CCD M rangefinder.
Compared to the Leica M (Type 24), these are the main differences in the Type 242:
- No Liveview (So no EVF?)
- No Video
- 100g lighter, top plate made of aluminum
- Smaller red dot Leica Logo
- Shutter is quieter than the Type 240
- There are only 2 pages in the menu system.
- A closer body design to the M9
- Price: € 5,500/£4,050 (incl. VAT), $5,195 in the US (available for pre-order now)