Another detailed patent for an RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS lens has appeared, the first one came as part of a patent for an RF 100-400mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM.
The 70-300mm zoom lens has always been a part of the budget telephoto zoom lens lines of various manufacturers, and it makes sense that we'll see one for the RF mount, and likely sooner than later.
Japan Patent Application 2019028212
- Focal length: 71.53mm 132.28mm 293.70mm
- F-number: 4.16 5.18 5.83
- Half-field angle: 16.83° 9.29° 4.21°
- Image height: 21.64mm 21.64mm 21.64mm
- Lens total length: 179.52mm 216.99mm 250.81mm
- BF: 48.94mm 22.62mm 18.05mm