|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
A lens we all expect to see from Sigma sooner or later has finally appeared in a patent. It looks like we’ll be seeing a 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art some time in 2016.
Patent Publication No. 2016-38502 (Google Translated)
- Published 2016.3.22
- Filing date 2014.8.8
- Zoom ratio 2.74
- Wide-angle intermediate telephoto
- Focal length 24.85 50.00 68.00
- F-number 2.92 2.92 2.93
- Full angle of view 2ω 83.71 45.71 34.33
- The image height Y 21.63 21.63 21.63
- The total lens length 150.73 167.12 178.30
If Sigma releases a 24-70 f/2.8 OS Art series lens along with the much hyped 85mm f/1.4 Art in 2016, there will be a lot of happy photographers.