As previously reported, Canon will be announcing a Cinema EOS camera with an RF mount, likely in late August ahead of when IBC is usually held.
Canon RF mount Cinema EOS camera rumored Specifications:
- Same Super35 sensor as the Canon Cinema EOS C200
- Internal ND filters (mechanical) up to 6 stops
- 2x Mini XLR inputs
- Full-size HDMI
- 4K 4:2:2 10bit in ALL-I and IPB up to 120p
- 1x CFexpress Type B Slot
- 2x SD UHS-II slots
- External RAW recording options up to 4K 120P
- 2x LP-E6NH batteries
- Camera size smaller than the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Price: $4499 USD
Canon will also announce the previously rumored RF mount adapters.
- PL to RF with Cooke/i
- EF to RF focal length reducer
- EF cinema lock to RF.
The first two adapters have a new design (rumored) and will not be compatible with current RF cameras. I'm not sure about the EF cinema lock to RF adapter and its compatibility.
I don't know the name of the camera at this time, and I'm not 100% sure on the form factor.
More to come…