I have been told that Canon still plans to announce the Canon EOS R6 sometime in May, and we can also expect the Canon EOS R5 to also be officially announced in May.
The availability for each camera is reportedly still up in the air.
I’ve also seen some reports around the web comparing the Canon EOS R6 to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III just because the sensor resolution is the same. The EOS R6 will NOT use the same sensor as the EOS-1D X Mark III.
The EOS R6 will be a big step down from the EOS R5, so please temper those expectations. It’ll still be a great camera, but it’s targetted at a very different user than the EOS R5 and EOS-1D X Mark III.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- June 2020 launch