|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
The availability for each camera is reportedly still up in the air.
I’ve also seen some reports around the web comparing the Canon EOS R6 to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III just because the sensor resolution is the same. The EOS R6 will NOT use the same sensor as the EOS-1D X Mark III.
The EOS R6 will be a big step down from the EOS R5, so please temper those expectations. It’ll still be a great camera, but it’s targetted at a very different user than the EOS R5 and EOS-1D X Mark III.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- June 2020 launch