After pulling the firmware update v1.3.0 for the Canon EOS R6 due to a major bug, Canon has quickly made available a firmware update with a fix.
Canon EOS R6 Firmware v1.3.1
- Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.Download firmware v1.3.1 at Canon USA
Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.