The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

ken

Engineer, snapper of photos, player of banjos
CR Pro
Aug 8, 2016
Huntsville, AL
Well, the people that get called trolls are the ones who keep posting negativity over and over, or who act like trolls. That's just a fact.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, your whole post was negative about the forum. How about something positive?

Well, my intent was to be constructive. As I stated, I am a regular reader here, and have been for years. That implies that I see a lot of value in not just the rumors but also the collective experiences of the forum members. There's probably no better place to get the opinions of real users (i.e. not shills) on Canon gear. (Although they are a few YouTube vloggers I trust.)

Personally, I like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly on gear. Every engineered product on the market, of any type, has tradeoffs between costs, quality and functionality. I like to know what those tradeoffs are to make future decisions. So the collective knowledge and experience of the forum members is a huge positive.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.

Now that I know how it is given or what it means...I guess my main question is...what USE is this? Is it used for anything?

Thanx,

c

If popularity contests are your thing, you can be the most "liked" person.

Without a "dislike" feature the title would be hollow.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hmm....looks like animated gifs don't work on the new site for some reason.....(my avatar isn't working like it used to).

:(

I'll look into the gif issue with avatars. I think I need to change the default image processor to Image Magick to make that work. I'll add it to the list.

I was going to maybe add "Giphy" to the site, but I'm not sure how many people love and/or loathe animated gifs. :)

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
I'll look into the gif issue with avatars. I think I need to change the default image processor to Image Magick to make that work. I'll add it to the list.

I was going to maybe add "Giphy" to the site, but I'm not sure how many people love and/or loathe animated gifs. :)
I also realized that my avatar got downsampled during forum transformation by the image processor.
Changing or reloading the avatar made it good (high res) again (see my avatar now).

Hope, this might help in finding a solution.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Hmm....looks like animated gifs don't work on the new site for some reason...

:eek: OMG, I didn’t know that. I absolutely cannot live without my giant rolleyes animated emoticon.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
And now under my avatar, it reads EOS 5D Mark IV (which is neither my camera, nor my previous forum level nor what I have written in the new forum under account details in 'About You'. For instance, Ken has a nice little title about slayer of Banjos. That's the type of personalized field I've been trying to edit. Thanks.

Click on your name (upper right), then Account details, and type what you want into the Custom title field. The descriptor under that field states, “If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts.” Looks like they’ve activated the module that replaces Member/Active Member with camera models that increment up based on post count (just like the old forum), but that can be superseded by the custom title field (if that’s blank, you get the default label).

In this context, Hypeactive Member no longer makes sense...I wonder if I should go back to CR GEEK? I’ll think of something else, I think...

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Click on your name (upper right), then Account details, and type what you want into the Custom title field. The descriptor under that field states, “If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts.” Looks like they’ve activated the module that replaces Member/Active Member with camera models that increment up based on post count (just like the old forum), but that can be superseded by the custom title field (if that’s blank, you get the default label).

In this context, Hypeactive Member no longer makes sense...I wonder if I should go back to CR GEEK? I’ll think of something else, I think...
I appreciate the help but I do not have that field you mentioned. (Custom title w/descriptor)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 2.36.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 2.36.43 PM.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 2.36.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 2.36.55 PM.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I didn't care for the block letter avatar, so dug up an old creation, but now I have a 77D under my name. Why is it there? What does it all mean?

It's like the old site, the camera/lens that appears under your name is tied to your post count.

Let me look into why some people have the "custom title" and others don't.

Upvote 0