Tamron to announce two new lenses ahead of CP+ this month

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Everyone is announcing their new wares ahead of CP+ this month, the show begins on February 28, 2019. Tamron will be announcing two new lenses for the EF mount (and others) in the next few days.
The new Tamron lenses to be announced:

Tamron 35-150mm f/2.8-4 VC USD
Tamron SP 35mm f/1.4 USD

Tamron is apparently making some bold claims about the SP 35mm f/1.4 USD, claiming that it will be the best 35mm lens ever. Thankfully, we won’t be waiting too long to find out if that’s a legitimate claim or not.

Continue reading...

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Sideways related to this.. Wondering if Tamron is working on making an RF version of their 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for sony E mount. What do you guys think. would that be an easy "port" to the RF or is the RF closed

Both Sigma and Tamron are actively going over the RF mount I'm told. I wouldn't expect anything for the EOS R from either company in 2019, unless they do some kind of development announcements. I believe the only third party to announce RF lens development is Venus Optics.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Tamron please update remaining 2 macro lenses in lineup.

Both Sigma and Tamron are actively going over the RF mount I'm told. I wouldn't expect anything for the EOS R from either company in 2019, unless they do some kind of development announcements. I believe the only third party to announce RF lens development is Venus Optics.

All the lenses Venus Optics make are manual so it won't be too difficult to reverse engineer mount dimensions and adopt their current E mount lenses to either RF or Z mounts.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
Looks like Venus is gonna demo R and Z mount lenses at CP+

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

maves

24mm TS-e ii is life!
Sep 21, 2017
Tasmania
Another 35 1.4, I guess we'll see how it goes. It baffles me that so many companies are making multiple versions of the same lens when there are holes in lens lineups.

On the other hand, 35-150 2.8-4 sounds great. As someone who carries either a 16-35 or a 24mm ts-e ii at all times for the majority of my shots, a 35-150 would cover the rest of my bases. I have a 24-70 2.8Lii but always felt there was too much crossover with the 16-35, and 70mm is a funny focal length. I'd happily trade it for a 28-85 2.8L !

There are SO many 24-70 and 70-200 models about that making an alternative makes sense (To me at least).

No we just need someone to make some affordable compact primes for the RF mount.

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
Another 35 1.4, I guess we'll see how it goes. It baffles me that so many companies are making multiple versions of the same lens when there are holes in lens lineups.

On the other hand, 35-150 2.8-4 sounds great. As someone who carries either a 16-35 or a 24mm ts-e ii at all times for the majority of my shots, a 35-150 would cover the rest of my bases. I have a 24-70 2.8Lii but always felt there was too much crossover with the 16-35, and 70mm is a funny focal length. I'd happily trade it for a 28-85 2.8L !

There are SO many 24-70 and 70-200 models about that making an alternative makes sense (To me at least).

No we just need someone to make some affordable compact primes for the RF mount.

Well...a 35mm f1.4 will not be as compact as Tamron's current 35mm f1.8 which is already a great/fantastic lens - especially at it's price-point. But I bet the 1.4 could be good Astro lens...besides other applications.

But I'm with you - a bevy of f1.8 or 2.0 primes: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm (probably not a priority for Canon at the moment because of the great adapter performance - especially with the enhanced version where you basically can add the RF functionality to any existing EF/EF-S lenses...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
Tamron has been making some great lenses - they had been making pretty good lenses and then when they did the 'remake'/reinvigorating their lens lineup here they are just really making outstanding lenses now. Coupled with Sigma Art/Sport lenses, a few Venus and Laowa optics and those Irix UWA's we have some seriously good-to-great lens options. Tokina has gotten in here too with some of their new offerings.

Upvote 0