At least three new lenses to be announced ahead of CP+

Jun 10, 2022
The niche lenses might be the APS-C dual-lens fisheye and stereoscopic lenses (see the last CES 2024 report on canonrumors).
I doubt it - canon doesn’t show off concepts like this and then announce them after…I think it’s more likely there will be 3 specific lenses that haven’t already been mentioned.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2022
I spoke with my local camera shop and they mentioned that there would be four lenses announced by Canon on February 14, 2023. They said a teaser announcement of the R1 is also anticipated although we thought that a full announcement might also be possible.
Valentines day seems like a weird day for a product release, also it's a Wednesday.

Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
Valentines day seems like a weird day for a product release, also it's a Wednesday.
That is what I was told, but take it with a grain of salt. Maybe the announcement is late Tuesday evening or midnight on Wednesday? Of course, maybe the person I spoke to was misinformed. Even if the timing is of by a +/- a few days, I do expect a Canon announcement prior to CP+. I would also expect other manufacturers to make announcements as well.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
which many reviewers complained about
Maybe, but a new RF 1,8/85 is still totally unrealistic.
Besides, the RF 2/85 is optically excellent...
Quote from Opticallimits: "The resolution of the Canon RF 85mm f/2 STM IS macro is very impressive straight from its maximum aperture setting. The broader center is already excellent at f/2 and the borders/corners are very good."

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
Quote from Opticallimits: "The resolution of the Canon RF 85mm f/2 STM IS macro is very impressive straight from its maximum aperture setting. The broader center is already excellent at f/2 and the borders/corners are very good."
Yep, and the complaints were mainly that it's not f/1.8 and has a noisy AF motor. Otherwise, favorable reviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2022
On the other hand, a budget 100mm f/2 (the EF version is one of my favorite lenses) wouldn't interfere too much with the sales of the 85mm.

Upvote 0
Yes - BUT some of them for APS-C please
To be fair, FF 1.4L primes would go on APS-C, too :geek:
(Just joking; I'm with you on the lack of APS-C bright lenses...but let's cover FF needs first, where there's certainly more people willing to spend for bright primes. Then they can also come with small format bright primes, even if I'm not sure that will even happen)

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0