At least three new lenses to be announced ahead of CP+

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We have been told that Canon will announce at least three new lenses ahead of the CP+ Photo & Imaging Show in Yokohama, Japan which takes place between February 22 – February 25, 2024. We were not told what lenses to expect, but that a niche part of the market would be addressed. Canon has

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Canon has been showing some consept lenses at CES. APS-C 3D 180 VR lenses.
See more here:
Around the 3:40 timestamp Drew showcases what a few of us here on CR have been talking about: using DPAF to derive a depth map and use that to do 3D reconstruction of the scene. I hope this gets wider support (Adobe, DxO) so we can have better masking and fake bokeh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good catch.

DPRaw is useless, but only for now I believe.

I have been shooting in DPRaw mode since it became available (except when I need fps) beacuse I am sure one day it will help to get noticeably better images. with AI or whatever software.

Then I can reprocess my most loved images. what I shoot only happens once. Youbhave tobthink long term when you shoot for a long term project.

There is the option to get twice the data in a raw, I'd be crazy not to use it, even if it has been useless for now. That actually might be a reason to get the R1 over the R5 II, as it should maitain bugfer much better with 200 MB raws ..

If we get 4 times bigger raws with the QDAF sensor, I'll take them too.

Upvote 0
Around the 3:40 timestamp Drew showcases what a few of us here on CR have been talking about: using DPAF to derive a depth map and use that to do 3D reconstruction of the scene. I hope this gets wider support (Adobe, DxO) so we can have better masking and fake bokeh.
I would use the crap out of that

Upvote 0