There are three new lenses coming on November 2, 2023 from Canon

roby17269

R5, H5X + IQ1-80, DJI Mini & Mavic 3 Pro, GoPro 10
Feb 26, 2014
New York
rdmfashionphoto.com
Upvote 0

The Sigma Art version is even better, and for half of the Canon refurb price if bought new, and one fourth of the price if bought used :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sigma's Art EF35 is great...I just wish RF/future Arts can be lighter.
Sigma Art's for E-mount are way lighter then their old dslr versions...dunno about the 35, but I can certainly speak for the 85 f1.4 Art, as I compared my EF version + RF adapter to the Sony mount redesigned version; the EF version + RF adapter is 50% longer, and 100% heavier (double the weight!) compared to the E-mount version.

...but Canon wouldn't allow. And if they won't in the very short future, everyone should do their own considerations and choices.

OTH yes, the 35 Art is great, but as an owner of the 40 Art (yes, 40, not 50), let me just say that the 40 Art is as good as the RF 50 f1.2 L, while costing one third of it (and can cover both 35 and 50 focals, as it's almost as wide as the former, but it's distortion free like the latter so can be used on close portraits without significant effects on face perspective).
So from the glass standpoint, Sigma (but Tamron, too, on many lenses) has nothing less then the Canon glass, other then the price. Canon bodies are best on the market, period. But I value glass more then bodies, and I'm starting to be tired.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Canon will have their final round of lens announcements of 2023 on November 2. We can expect three new lenses to be announced that day. This follows this month’s announcement of the RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM, which has seen some good preorder demand. Upcoming Lenses (November 2, 2023) The third lens is one of

See full article...
It would seem that with the capabilities of the Canon RF camera bodies and RF lenses, an interesting series of lenses to contemplate would be a series of tilt-shift lenses in which the degree of tilt/swing could be automatically controlled by the camera's autofocus system. In other words, a tilt-shift in which the tilt/swing is controlled by a USM motor drive and which communicates with the camera body, such that the photographer could set the near focus point and the far focus point, leaving the actual tilting/focusing to the camera and lens. It would greatly simplify the setup of a tilt-shift camera shot!

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2023
So from the glass standpoint, Sigma (but Tamron, too, on many lenses) has nothing less then the Canon glass, other then the price. Canon bodies are best on the market, period. But I value glass more then bodies, and I'm starting to be tired.
Believe me, not as tired as we are about your endless whining. Why exactly do you think Canon OWES you the choice to have Sigma lenses? That's what you make it sound like. I know 7 year olds who understand that you can't always have what you want.

It sounds like you have wonderful Sigma lenses that you think are great. And wonderful Canon cameras that you think are great. So what the heck is the matter??

Upvote 0
Believe me, not as tired as we are about your endless whining.
Wow, you're here (13 nov 2023) since less then a month, and you're tired already of me? I feel I'm really annoying, sorry for that, I didn't want to be a whiner! :( Well, I think the solution might just be to press the ignore button on me, so I won't bother you anymore, that's certain! Thank you again, and sorry for disturbing!

Upvote 0