At least three new lenses to be announced ahead of CP+

Jun 10, 2022
Now Canon probably thinks that crop users can just mount RF primes, like the 35mm 1.8.
They might, but they've taken considerable efforts to make the new kit lenses much smaller than necessary along with the 10-18, so I'd think they want a fast tiny prime too especially for R50 and R100 sales.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
It´s funny how all the sudden all the lenses people want apparently turn into "niche" lenses

I´m hoping for a 35mm F1.2 to get the elephant out of the rumor websites :)

But thinking about a possible niche lens: would a 14mm F1.4 (or 12/16mm) considered to being a niche lens? If so... :)
Honestly a 14/1.4 would seem relatively niche (pretty much for astro/overkill architecture). I'd be pretty jazzed but I have a feeling it will be priced in the stratosphere (see what I did there) if they make one.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
Honestly a 14/1.4 would seem relatively niche (pretty much for astro/overkill architecture). I'd be pretty jazzed but I have a feeling it will be priced in the stratosphere (see what I did there) if they make one.
Sigma has the excellent 14/1.4 Art for $1600, so my guess is $2500 if Canon decides to make one.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sigma has the excellent 14/1.4 Art for $1600, so my guess is $2500 if Canon decides to make one.
Sadly I would not be surprised to see that. I'd honestly preorder it at $1999 but I'm not going to hold my breath. Something tells me they'd charge even more than your estimate if they bothered at all.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Not to mention the street price is now like $350.
It's quite good for the money and with extenders it does fine getting you closer to 1:1 macro. So, it can save you from buying the 100mm macro if it's expensive for you. The only down side is if you rely on autofocus for video (I don't know why you wouldn't go manual) it is noisy, but obviously you can use your phone to record sound if you can't afford an external mic.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
I keep hoping the new lenses will be boring lowest possible quality lenses.
(I've already spent a huge amount on lenses between December 2023 and January 2024) :p
Yet, if there is a 14mm TS or a 180 macro...
Just buy everything and live in a cardboard box; Your family won't hate you at all :alien:

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
Sadly I would not be surprised to see that. I'd honestly preorder it at $1999 but I'm not going to hold my breath. Something tells me they'd charge even more than your estimate if they bothered at all.
it shouldn’t be much more than that, because if they price it above $3000, you can buy a new Sigma lens and a used a7r4. Canon probably doesn’t want to open that can of worms.

Upvote 0