Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

Canon Australia seems to leak the full spec sheet for a few minutes. I saved it here.

Some interesting specs:

The EOS 90D shoots a fast 10 frames per second continuous shooting with full auto focus tracking.
4K (3840 x 2160) Uncropped/Cropped 29.97 fps
Full HD (1920 x 1080) 119.88 fps
1/16000 shutter
LP-E6N

Given Australia is a day ahead of NA, perhaps the release is imminent and they posted only a day too soon?

Upvote 0
Shutter speed up to1/16000 the 80D was 1/8000. Useful wnen shooting in daylight wide open.
Integrated Speedlite Transmitter
*&%$$*(*%)(^$@$%^&*(() CR3 files. ..!.. Canon. If you shoot RAW make sure yer software will support CR3. Most still don't.
6960 x 4640 what would be the FF equivelant?
No LOG
SD, SDHC or SDXC (UHS-II) card

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
So the solution to dual cards is single card + wireless transfer to phone? Any idea about the buffer wireless transfer speed or does the wireless transfer go from the card itself in the background so not slowing down the buffer to the card?
Good luck with that. You just know this is going to fail at a critical moment. Better just rely on 1 card and pray it doesn't fail or buy a camera that has two.

Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
I think I now know why the Sony fangirls are in meltdown in the other forums, this model & the M6 Mark II would only just increase Canon's marketshare even further, all they had to do was match the specs of the other brands and exceed them in some aspects, who would have thought... :unsure:Screenshot_2019-08-20-13-44-43-1.png

Upvote 0

Diltiazem

Curiosity didn't kill me, yet.
Aug 23, 2014
Upvote 0
Personally, I will wait for 7d mark iii if it's exist. I still love 65 points AF on my 7D2 and dual card slot. Don't wanna risk life on one SD card.
Never in my life as a photographer doing regular sports events to redbull events, weddings and olympic activities I had a fail on a card, whether it was a 550D, 70D, 7D2, 5D4, 1DX or 1DX2. I know it happens, but people keep panicking where they dont have to. No disrespect to you, but with 7D2, I am guessing you arent really a professional photographer, so your concern about single card slot is even less understandable.

45/65 points.. makes little difference. More important are the AF capabilities, which aren't connected with number of points. This is where 7D2 should shine compared to 80D/90D, but I, and many other on this board and dpreview had apparently shit experience with 7D2's AF. It just wasn't as good as it was promoted, the older 1DX with its fewer AF points still smokes it out of the water.

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Never in my life as a photographer doing regular sports events to redbull events, weddings and olympic activities I had a fail on a card, whether it was a 550D, 70D, 7D2, 5D4, 1DX or 1DX2. I know it happens, but people keep panicking where they dont have to. No disrespect to you, but with 7D2, I am guessing you arent really a professional photographer, so your concern about single card slot is even less understandable.

45/65 points.. makes little difference. More important are the AF capabilities, which aren't connected with number of points. This is where 7D2 should shine compared to 80D/90D, but I, and many other on this board and dpreview had apparently shit experience with 7D2's AF. It just wasn't as good as it was promoted, the older 1DX with its fewer AF points still smokes it out of the water.
You are wrong on much of that. Cards do fail. Rarely, but it happens. I have had one fail on me. Luckily it was in a 7d2 and I record images to both cards because it contained one of my best images from a trip to the Galapagos. A trip I spent a lot of money on and one which I doubt I will ever get to do again. And plenty of pros use the 7d2. It is a pro camera through and through. Agree that the 45v 65 af points is not too big an issue as long as the AF is good.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

I would agree that my 7d2 AF miss a lot of the time. I never have a card fail too, but i ran into several hard drive fail. So, dual slot kind of make a peace of mind when you formatting a card, knowing that u have another backup.

Upvote 0

Mark D5 TEAM II

Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
Mar 5, 2013
Tleilax, Thalim Star System
Well 1D had a CCD sensor (by Panasonic) so sensor could be cleared faster than CMOS. Is the 90D's 1/16000 e-shutter or mechanical or both?

Screenshot_2019-08-20-15-32-08-1.png
I see no asterisks or any other express/implied limitation, 1/16000 top SS is mechanically-achievable given the physically smaller & lighter shutter curtains needed to cover an APS-C sensor. I think Canon can even do a 1/300 mechanical X-Sync in this body if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0