Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
I'm personally a little dissapointed that they've (apparently) caved to the card slot cry-bullies. But. I understand why they thought they had to.

Well, it was not very difficult to predict, cry-bullies or not. The 5D bodies have dual slots after all.

my thoughts too. Current R feels like 3fps in servo. I would take 8 fps or better in servo.

The M6II does 14 fps with full servo AF (although "focus priority" mode is 7 fps). I think there's little reason to expect less than 10 fps. This newest generation of Canon tech packs some serious oompf.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I don't need to, using RF 85mm is exact equal to EF 85mm with IS turn off. (in real world usage)
I don't own both either, but I beg to differ. The RF is cracking sharp wide open. I am half tempted to rent the EF 85 to prove the point. Half tempted.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
If this rumor is true this could be the Canon pro mirrorless camera everybody (including myself) is waiting for and a worthy successor to the 5D mark iv.
I just hope Canon prices it competetivily at $3000 or less.
It would definitely be a worthy successor to the 5D3. (Which the R is not for me)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I don't need to, using RF 85mm is exact equal to EF 85mm with IS turn off. (in real world usage)

I don't either, but you are wrong... in real world usage. Absolutely not the same exact lens. Both very nice lenses, but the RF edges out the RF in sharpness and CA... according to those who have had both.

And let us not forget: RF 85mm f/1.2L USM is the second lens model to incorporate Canon's proprietary BR lens after the renowned EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM. BR lens consists of an optical material, namely Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics, developed for ideal chromatic aberration correction.

"So what do I really think? The Canon 85mm f/1.4 L IS is going to disappoint the Fanboys wanting bragging rights for the absolute best resolution in an 85mm lens. But after all the dust settles, it’s going to be an immensely popular lens because it’s very good optically and just superbly usable. "

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
I own Canon, Sony and Fujifilm stuff. With releases of Canon EOS R Mark II, Canon EOS megapixel monster R (name?), Fujifilm X100V, Fujifilm X-T4, Sony A7 Mark IV and Sony A7S Mark III this will be a horrible first half of 2020 for me lol.

You're either very rich or very likely to end up sleeping under an overpass with a lot of cameras.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0
Yeah now we're talking!

I do need full weather sealing and I would prefer built like a truck toughness of a 7D mk II but.... I like what I see here. I still feel Canon are missing a trick a bit tho with no genuine 7D Mk II replacement. I think thats the style of camera but in MILC a lot of people really want but no one has done.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
You're either very rich or very likely to end up sleeping under an overpass with a lot of cameras.
Haha, it's mostly about the decision which old cameras I wanna dump and which will be the new ones. I only wanna get up to two new cameras (99% no Fujifilm), most likely just one (but which one?) and selling old stuff will it make a bit easier. I like taking photos with all brands but there is also the desire to look into videography and I don't see yet if I should go Sony or Canon lenswise.

Upvote 0