Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

Agreed.

I read some YouTube comments and it's hilarious. There's still some people out there who seemingly didn't read or understand any of the material that was released. Almost as if they just mindlessly keep beating the old 'Canon is Doomed' drum for the sake of it :ROFLMAO:

For the slow guys: Canon has dominated the ILC market without being leading in specs for a long time. This R5 leaves a ton of other bodies in the dust on a number of specs. And you can see the hype that's created. Hype! For a Canon camera! Has there ever been such a thing? :unsure:

There’s no need for everybody to get excited, but acting as if this was a boring Camera release and they should do better is beyo d silly.

I was the first to report the new information about the 8K and autofocus just after midnight. Not all of us are out of touch. My video might still be hilarious as I was punch drunk tired and should have been in bed ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Really curious as to how they will price it? The specs alone seem to justify a $5k price point. I think pricing it at a 5D level ($3500) would make it a steal.

Though I also wonder if the Coronavirus delays would influence the price...
A few statements from Canon officials puts this camera in the 5d segment, “not just for working professionals”, so it will for sure be priced below $3999. My guess is 3899.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
My MacBook Pro is going to melt into a little silver puddle trying to process that video. I doubt I’ll even be able to play it back. Let alone edit. Hopefully there are also some good 4K recording options.
If it is motion jpeg you will be able to edit but if it is a h.265 it might melt and die. It’s funny how people bitched about motion jpeg because it actuality is a awesome codec and far easier on your system compared to all these high efficiency codecs

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Just saw this on another site. That has got to be the best implementation of port flap design and port spacing on a body with a vari-angle screen.(as far as mic/headphones) The HDMI port is probably going to be a mini and still in the way of the screen, but then obviously if one is using the HDMI port, it's probably going to a bigger monitor anyway. Something I hope Fuji can emulate to an extent with the X-H2.

Source: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/...l-deliver-uncropped-8k-and-advanced-animal-af

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-175354.png
    Screenshot_20200313-175354.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 861
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
If it is motion jpeg you will be able to edit but if it is a h.265 it might melt and die. It’s funny how people bitched about motion jpeg because it actuality is a awesome codec and far easier on your system compared to all these high efficiency codecs
Yeah that's a great point. Makes me wonder too. Space savings can result in horrendous post workflow during edit if one's computer isn't capable, for mere motals like me. Storage space can be bought. But not time.

Upvote 0