Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

That would be an option for us too, if they would not go down to 20mpx. I say, no way. Now I have to think if I sell a house, car, dog, or all of them, to get R5 :)
Same.. The R6 would be an option with an updated EOS R sensor. I wouldn’t go down to 20mp. The R5 is a big step up in price, but probably my dream camera.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Yes, I had to deal with that, its crazy. You end up needing to pay for a tax calculation service. The other option is to sell on a platform that calculates and collects / remits sales taxes for you. I now only sell on Amazon and ebay, both take care of sales taxes for me.

We sell a software product, so it is down to me to do the coding and it does have to be a 3rd party service. I mean in the end it'll end up be sending 2-3 values to a API and getting a number back, but it is still a lot harder than the EU. And then some states want paid monthly or quarterly.. So just giving them the money is a bother.

Upvote 0
e4500 would equate to £4030 on current exchange rates but going on previous experience Euro/GPB prices are often the same so I wouldn't be surprised at £4499. However, as good as the camera may be, surely Canon are hoping to convert 5D MKIV owners to mirrorless? Bearing in mind you can get the 5D MKIV for £2800 or as little as £1649 for a grey import, are they pitching this too high especially in the current climate? Probably a lot of Pro's with 5D MKIV's or similar are not earning much at the moment.

At around £3800 I'd have been tempted to sell my EOS R & 6DMKII to help finance it but if well over 4 grand I'll likely wait until grey importers have it...

Upvote 0

Steve Balcombe

Too much gear
Aug 1, 2014
e4500 would equate to £4030 on current exchange rates but going on previous experience Euro/GPB prices are often the same so I wouldn't be surprised at £4499.
The article at the top of this thread reminds us: "the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV launched at $3499 USD, £3599, and €4129" - so not €1 = £1.

Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
And if that city, like mine, crosses county lines, then even within a city.
Wow. In Australia we have a single GST (ie VAT) rate across the country, which has to be added to the retail price shown. Of course, given our geographic position, getting anything here involves adding mega-transport costs - so we end up no better!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
That seems to have been well received.

So if all you wealthy ones could now start trading-in your useless old 1DX2 bodies and crash the price of those, please...
Street Price for new 1DxII at CPW is $3,999. Still a better camera and it's available today.

Upvote 0
We're in the midst of a global recession, record unemployment, possible depression coming and lots of people struggling to meet their basic bills yet Canon decides to jump the shark.

Amazing.

Then prioritize basic needs over a discretionary purchase. Canon aren’t in the business of social welfare programs. Don’t like the price, buy something else. Simple.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
Can't wait to see the R5 available, our 5DIII is starting to have problems with autofocus tracking with big lenses so my wife has taken over my 5DS which means we only have one usable canon between us for now. I can continue using the Sony cameras but do want to have a camera for my 500 F/4 II big white again soon. That is unless I can somehow get someone to trade me for a big white Sony prime lens and don't have to put out another $4000 USD(8 million Canadian) for a camera this year :)

• Haha
Upvote 0
Still boggles my mind why they don't just include tax in US prices.

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.
In Australia it's illegal not to have the actual price customer will pay at the checkout, GST and any other fees and charges have to be inlcuded in the advertised price. Luckily we only have a single Federal tax called the GST, states do not levy sales taxes.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I am not planning to tell my wife anything in details. I will tell her that a friend gave me an 5 year old camera that he didnt use at all. Also I will not tell her that I sold my kidney and sill have a dept that I need to pay off in 5 years. I will write it off to Covid19. Fingers crossed that this will work out.
I can sell blood. Still kicking myself for having that vasectomy 30 years ago. That would be more fun. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Upvote 0

ohm

AF Stickler
Apr 8, 2019
Japan
YouTube.com
Still boggles my mind why they don't just include tax in US prices.

Who wants to be doing calculations in their head constantly when they're shopping.

I live in Japan. When I first came, prices included taxes. That was when tax was 3%. Tax has risen steadily over the last ten years so that today it is 10%. Many places no longer bother including tax within the price, perhaps because they know it will again rise, or perhaps because they have grown apathetic. The honesty of seeing before and after prices is refreshing as it always gets you to realise how much of your money goes where (at least on the surface).

Upvote 0

ohm

AF Stickler
Apr 8, 2019
Japan
YouTube.com
Could make perfect sense. About 9% higher than intro price of the 5d iv in about 4 years, which is roughly inflation correction plus a small markup

It is insane that the insane lending that goes on between organizations like the FED make such massive upticks in inflation. Japan obviously doesn't do the same thing. Inflation has occurred, but more like 10% in 20 or 30 years, if that.

Upvote 0