BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Alan! Since I didn't have opportunity to shoot BIF (or just didn't look for it...) and since I really feel pain (somewhere) when the birds are not showing their natural colors, I decided to "kidnap" your photo and adjust it to my taste. Sorry about that and my apologies if you feel it wasn't appropriate! I'm going to send you the DXO PL3 file so you can see what I have done (I think you have the PL3 elite installed) - fast and simple.

DSC_4014-DxO_buzzard_cv_A_SH_A_DxO_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Alan! Since I didn't have opportunity to shoot BIF (or just didn't look for it...) and since I really feel pain (somewhere) when the birds are not showing their natural colors, I decided to "kidnap" your photo and adjust it to my taste. Sorry about that and my apologies if you feel it wasn't appropriate! I'm going to send you the DXO PL3 file so you can see what I have done (I think you have the PL3 elite installed) - fast and simple.

View attachment 190888
Thanks for your comments. Here is the original tweaked only by setting the contrast and microcontrast to 70 in PL3. These are probably the most natural colours. Colours do depend on whether the bird is front or rear illuminated. Its a real problem with back lighting with DO lenses, they are great for front lit subjects.

DSC_4014-DxO_buzzard-70_C+MC.jpg

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Different location and another Buzzard. This time it was 8.30 in the evening, the golden hour with sun behind me. We were on an after-dinner stroll near our house, the Buzzard mid meal. These opportunities come only rarely - it's the first time I've captured a Buzzard with its prey. No pp apart from increasing exposure as I shoot in manual. It's remarkable how a change of angle to the sun
changes the light.

DSC_4069-DxO_buzzard+prey-lsss.jpgDSC_4081-DxO_buzzard+prey-lsss.jpgDSC_4084-DxO_buzzard+prey-lsss.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Today's company was a gang of assorted terns. Mostly bridled terns. They are basically B/W, so not too much color for them.

Very nice shots Cog! Few ours ago I posted in the "Portraits" with ID for the terns - didn't check the BIF. Now I see you have the same ID here!
Concerning the last photo here - looks like Common Tern to me (I checked also the White-cheeked but it should be with more darker under-body.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0