sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
ok, so I did get the update as well.. except mine says September 21st :-(
I ordered my camera July 10 @10am (PST). Apparently B&H is gonna be getting a few shipments— I’m in the “Last week of September” spot. I just got an email from B&H today and says the following.

In our email last week, we shared that Canon R5 preorders were very strong and Canon’s deliveries to US retailers have been extremely limited. We also promised to send regular updates.

Since that note, we have not received any R5 deliveries from Canon, but we have received an updated shipment schedule from Canon. Based on this new information, we now expect to ship your order during the last week of September.

We apologize that we previously said the camera would ship on or about September 10th. Canon’s shipping schedule changed, and this is out of our hands. Your place in queue for the camera has not changed.

If we receive any additional information between now and your shipment, we will send an update. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

The launch of the new R5 has been incredibly well received and we know how excited people are to receive this new camera. We apologize for the continuing delay and schedule change. Please accept our sincere commitment that we are working hard to get you your camera to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
The B&H Team

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
"The launch of the new R5 has been incredibly well received and we know how excited people are to receive this new camera." Sure, sure tell me more - it's a dog, it overheats, it over heats and did I say it overheats, I'm placing my order for Sony's amazing 12 MP camera, who needs 40 MP. ;)

Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
Order has been cancelled. I very disappointed, I wish I would have just gone through canon direct and not B&H. Never again
If you are not a US resident I suggest you check your credit card balance. I bet you’re going to get less money back to your card.
In my case, as a Canadian citizen I got $359CAD less. I posted a thread here about that, here on CR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"The launch of the new R5 has been incredibly well received and we know how excited people are to receive this new camera." Sure, sure tell me more - it's a dog, it overheats, it over heats and did I say it overheats, I'm placing my order for Sony's amazing 12 MP camera, who needs 40 MP. ;)

Jack
Hopefully the trolls are giving up and crawling back under their bridge.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Mo Steve

EOS R
Jul 30, 2020
I received the B&H email as well. In my email they indicated mine should be shipping during the last week of September. I ordered on July 15th.

Hopefully some more impatient people cancel and I get moved up to the September 16th slot :).

If this new batch is shipped with firmware version 1.1, we'll know that the delays were firmware related.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
Order has been cancelled. I very disappointed, I wish I would have just gone through canon direct and not B&H. Never again
I hear ya on the disappointment, luckily for me, I have no photo shoots anytime soon so I can wait another month. I already have everything else (85mm f/1.2, adapter, battery, but no R body ‍).

Hope you can get your R5 sooner. Cheers!

Upvote 0
View attachment 192483

cancelled my preorders from B&H and Amazon. Looked online and called most camera stores within a 200 mile radius. One had it and they held it for me while I drove 1.5 hours for it. Didn’t want the kit but beggars can’t be choosers

I've been tempted to do that, but no real photography places in my city, just gotta call the big-box electronics stores.. :-/

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012
Well received my CFExpress reader. Also I got couple cfx cards earlier.

Not sure if they support 8k speeds, so I tried CrystalDiskMark on those. I wonder if the reader, Usb or the card is limiting factor? Can one of you try on your cards to compare?

My results:

SEQ1M Q8T1: 450 / 450
SEQ1M Q1T1: 360 / 390
RND4K Q32T16: 160 / 160
RND4k Q1T1: 26 / 40

Those are magnitude slower than my nvme drive on the pc, but wondering that's the bottleneck on the test.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Well, it's NOT my R5, which I managed to nab on the first day (and the end of the serial number is three digits, not four...barely). But this is something I wanted WITH the R5, and that's a refurb RF 24-105 F/4 L. (Canon, if you're going to make the kit one cent more expensive than the two pieces separately, I'll go find that lens a cheaper way--and this way I get an RP for another three hundred bucks.) I placed the order mid-July when there was a screaming deal on this kit. And now it FINALLY shows as processed.

So I'll finally have a good "everyday" lens for my R5.

Upvote 0
Well, it's NOT my R5, which I managed to nab on the first day (and the end of the serial number is three digits, not four...barely). But this is something I wanted WITH the R5, and that's a refurb RF 24-105 F/4 L. (Canon, if you're going to make the kit one cent more expensive than the two pieces separately, I'll go find that lens a cheaper way--and this way I get an RP for another three hundred bucks.) I placed the order mid-July when there was a screaming deal on this kit. And now it FINALLY shows as processed.

So I'll finally have a good "everyday" lens for my R5.
Dang I actually have the RF24-105 f4L lens for sale brand new. It came as a kit with the R5 and don’t need it. Woulda sold it for a reasonable price

Upvote 0